Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Really upset

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just been looking through someones photos from some of my friends from dance school on myspace, there's one of me in a crowd and it's quite bad cause of the angle and the way i'm facing and there's something in the photo infront of my that makes my mouth look weird. And some random person said I looked like a particular unattractive comedy character (i'm not saying who) and even called me 'it'. And most people from my dance class will have seen this, and now I feel like they've all been laughing about this behind my back - or at least they all know about it. I know its really silly but i feel really upset, i'm going to be so embarrassed next time i see them all and i'm really hurt by this persons comment. :(

Comments

• Options
    we have all been victims of truly awful photos at some point. you know it was just a bad angle so don't let it get to you...if anyone says anything just laugh it off or ignore it, it's not worth getting really upset about.

i remember in middle school the boys had a field day with one of our class photos coz one of the girls who was sitting on a chair was wearing a skirt and it looked like you could see her girly bits. we had all forgotten it , but she still remembered 10 yrs later.

you are lucky that it is just a bad camera angle...it could be worse, you could look like that all the time! don't let it worry you x
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about the people in your class making fun of it, its only a photo, and as nicebutdim says, its only a bad camera angle.
  • Options
    It was just who I was compared to and being called 'it' rather than 'she' as it's obvious we're all girls (it's in the title of the photo). It was just like being compared to something really horrible. I know I don't really look like that person, but being looked down on by someone you don't even know isn't very nice. My dance class is quite cliquey and I'm not really included in much, so I feel even more embarrassed.
  • Options
    he sounds nasty, she doesn't really sound like someone you need to worry about.

I know its shit when someone does something mean like that but just rise above it and ignore it.
  • Options
    The person who commented was a guy that the girl knows from school or something. I don't think she put this up deliberately to embarrass me because it's of everyone, I just happen to look crap in it. Even more embarrassing being picked out of a crowd as the ugly looking one.
    I feel so silly for being so sensitive but I've always been sensitive about nasty comments about my appearance, as I got it alot when I was bullied.
  • Options
    then that explains why its bothering you.

Just try and forget about it, these things never last anyway.
  • Options
    what a mean thing for them to say :(

Says more about them than it does about you though, although id be upset too.

I am REALLY unphotogenic though
  • Options
    I think most people would be upset about something like that.

I've ripped up loads of photos including me looking awful in the past cause I just couldn't face the idea of them existing. Sounds trivial, but the ideal of anyone seeing them, even someone like my mum, makes me want to cry. It's not stupid, it's human.
  • Options
    Thank you so much. I don't feel as silly now. I was expecting someone to come along and say 'it's only a photo get over it. It's just that the comment was really nasty and derogatory and I was picked out of a crowd. The person i was compared to was andy off little britain. So being compared to someone with a 'disability' was really hurtful.
  • Options
    Some people can be really cruel - as has been said, it says more about them than it could ever say about you. I'd be upset as well.