Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Waxing - for ladies :)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've not been around the boards for a while because my computer has been on the blink but i was looking for some advice (and of course i knew exactly where to come :) )

Ok, so on the hair removal front i had only ever been a shaver really, although i have used various hair removal creams none of which i found that great really.
The thing is i have pretty fast growing hair and it drives me more than insane, i feel like i never have smooth legs because as soon as i shave them the hairs there, growing back! :banghead: I don't know how long waxing lasts for, but i was thinking of (if it agrees with me after the first go) getting regular waxes, legs and bikini line or just bikini line if i didnt want to get regular leg waxes too. The thing that bothers me really is letting it grow before i get it waxed, cant imagine that would be very pretty or ladylike :chin:

I did do a search on this by the way but was just looking for advice really and didn't see what i was looking for.

Also, what to get bikini wise, i dont like the all off look and im not really 'down' with the styles!

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Options
    When waxing , it takes at least a week to grow back usually and you can get it waxed off when it reaches 5mm - which is pretty short and I shouldn't think you would notice it all that much?
    If you're thinking of getting a bikini wax, your therapist will give you a few options, and you don't need to have it all off, there are different ways they can do it and you can just have it neatened up etc, whichever is to your preference :)
  • Options
    A therapist giving bikini waxing tips? Weird :p

As she said, the length to wax is quite short, and also, the hair grows back at different rates (or so I've seen) so its not like shaving when it's all coming back at once, its more of a sparce dead grass growing sort of pattern you may get. So its even less noticable!
  • Options
    I'll second Rachie, go for an epilator.

Couldn't ask for anything easier. Turn it on, use on legs, turn off again. No mess, no fuss, no hassle and if you miss a bit you just turn it on again.
  • Options
    Man, i find epilating much more painful than waxing - it's odd, isn't it? I have my bikini line and underarms done by a therapist, and sometimes get my legs done, sometimes do them myself (depending on how much money i have/whether i can be bothered or not). The first time really hurts but after that it's not a problem, and i much prefer it to shaving as i get terrible ingrowing hairs :(
  • Options
    Look on argos, they have a reasonable selection.
  • Options
    Thanks for everyones replies, i took your advice and went and bought myself an epilator. I got a braun one, it was on sale in boots so i got it for about £40. It hurts and i've came up in a rash, but as long as the rash dies down i can deal with the pain!
  • Options
    Rash usually dies down, and it shouldn't hurt nearly as much next time.
  • Options
    what does an epilator actually do?
  • Options
    Well the rash died down but ouchy ouchy! My legs were stingy the next day. I think some of the hairs were too short to catch as i can feel my legs arent smooth now, im just working up the courage to do it again to catch the hairs that are there now! :)