Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Soya Milk

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm meant to be going away a week on Tuesday and am staying a hotel. Due to being wheat and lactose intolerant, it is not possible for to have the breakfast that this hotel would normally serve. (which is optional)

I spoke to my mum about this earlier and she said that I could take something like oatibix/oat cherrios and soya. But would the soya milk go off? It'll probably be from a new carton, so wouldn't have been opened and chilled beforehand.

Comments

• Options
    I dont know about the milk going off or not but could you not eat the cereal dry? I cant stand the taste of milk and on the rare occasions I do eat cereal its always without milk.
  • Options
    Should say on the carton about the storage conditions.

IIRC soya milk is often long life, so only needs refridgerating after you've opened it, and even then is usually good somewhere vaguely cool for a couple of days rather than an actual fridge.

Might be worth getting in touch with the hotel, a surprising number offer wheat/ dairy free options.
  • Options
    Yeah the long life stuff will be OK until it's opened.

Surely you'll have the option of a fridge in the room or they'd store it for you?

I prefer rice milk on cereal when I was a vegan!