Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Shampoo/Conditioner

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just being nosy really...

when you use a shampoo and conditioner do you always use the same brand for each? For example if you were using Pantene shampoo would you use the same Pantene conditioner that goes with it? Is it better for your hair to use both the same? does it even matter?

Just that i usually use VO5 absolute blonde shampoo & conditioner, but this week I ran out of the shampoo so I've been using this Aussie shampoo instead with the V05 conditioner and my hair has been sooo nice! its really soft and shiny. i think i shall continue with this combination. I wouldn't usually though.

what do you reckon? :]

Comments

• Options
    I never used to use the same brand with stuff like that, I just did what worked best for my hair.
  • Options
    i have loads and i use different combinations each time.
    My hair kind of gets used to ceain shampoos or conditioners if i use them all the time and they dont work as well, so I chop and change regularly
  • Options
    Always always always use Herbal Essences. It's so soft and smoooooooth!
  • Options
    I always used to get paul mitchell shampoo like the same conditioner too but then I got a lazy arse and now I don't have the money for that anymore. So it's just tresemme, but yeah I do tend to use the same type/brand. Never occured to me to not use the same type. Might try different next time though!
  • Options
    Different brands, usually.

When my hair is blonde, I use Head and Shoulders shampoo cause it helps stop that build up of weird brassy colour. When it's dyed darker I use milder shampoos for coloured hair.

Conditioners I change all the time cause I have a short hair product attention span. At the moment I'm loving Aussie Mega conditioner. The smell makes me hungry though!

Anyhoo, when they say 'for best results use with [our other products]' what they actually mean is 'please buy more of our products and give us lots of wonga, kthanks'.
  • Options
    usually buy whatever's on offer because i'm a stig

deffo agree with the "hair getting used to certain shampoos" comment

when i first use a new shampoo i love it, then it starts only lasting a day

also, that pearl one, think its garnier in the pink bottle, makes it look good but it feels ick!
  • Options
    I dont use conditioner very often, normally just when I colour it. My scalp suffers enough with shampoo.

I'm currently using Body Shop Nettle shampoo or Baby shampoo. I have very sensitve skin on my scalp and greasy hair which is a crappy combination.

I do tend to chop and change my shampoos as well, I have two/three that work so I'll use a bottle of one and then swap to another.
  • Options
    It';s very rare I used the same brand.
  • Options
    I buy in sets (whatever is on sale) but the conditioner always goes about twice as quick as the shampoo (why? I use the same amount of each :grump: )so I'm never using the same one. Not out of choice or will but just because thats the way it happens.
  • Options
    I use Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner, or TreSemme Shampoo and Conditioner.
  • Options
    I swap around. I have an addiction to shampoos and conditioners, my boyfriend thinks I'm a freak. At the moment I mainly use Aussie Mega shampoo and Herbal Essences Blackberry, Avocado and Mango conditioner - it's my favourite combination, smells so good. I used to use the Brilliant Brunette shampoo and conditioner together though, they worked well too.
  • Options
    I never really use the same brands for the shampoo and conditioner, I mix and match with whateve I thinks good for my hair. At the moment I'm using schwarzkopf (sp?!) bonacure colour save shampoo which makes my hair nice and blonde and I alternate it with Andrew Collenge blonde shampoo. For conditioner I use Aussi 3 minute miracle, it smells so lush and I use the Aussi leave in conditioner too.
  • Options
    Timotei for Blondes is my preference and always has been, and I do like using the shampoo AND conditioner of it. In a dreamworld, I actually get to do that.

In reality I use whatever is in the bathroom cabinet :razz:
  • Options
    i tend to only use lush or aussie shampoo, as my hair is as dry as bone without slapping loads of moisturising stuff on it and i found these two to be the best
  • Options
    I dont use conditioner very often, normally just when I colour it. My scalp suffers enough with shampoo.

you dont use conditioner on your scalp :confused:
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »

I dont use it on my scalp, even if I use a tiny bit in my hair, it still irritates my scalp no matter how well I rinsh it out.
  • Options
    so I've been using this Aussie shampoo instead

Have you ever thought that perhaps the Aussie shampoo is just better for your hair than Pantene? Imagine if you used Aussie conditioner as well.. :chin: oooh wooow :razz:
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »

To be honest i don't do that!

I put in on the length of it and the ends, that way my hair gets less greasy.

And i was my hair with 2 shampoo's, like a dollop of one, rinse, then a dollop of the other one rinse, and one of them is usually the same as my conditioner but not always.
  • Options
    Oh i've just got what you said haha, the confused face threw me, i thought you was confused as to why she didn't use it on her scalp, not telling her that you dont condition your scalp!
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    Have you ever thought that perhaps the Aussie shampoo is just better for your hair than Pantene? Imagine if you used Aussie conditioner as well.. :chin: oooh wooow :razz:

well nahhh because I've used Aussie shampoo and conditioner together loads of times and i didnt really notice a difference. the aussie shampoo was lying around cos id ran out of conditioner to go with it, haha.