Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Wasting my time?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, just need bit of advice really or more to the point just to make sure im not being stupid.

Anyways i've been trying to meet and chat with this girl but everytime I try to she hasn't heard the phone or has no signal. The thing is though whenever I have text to say if she wants to meet up she has seemed quite positive about it.
Well today we were meant to meet up at end of the day and she said phone her last period, well I did and I got no response. This isn't first time so I just decided to leave it and go home. I text her just before I went saying i tried to call and got response, basically if you didnt want to meet up then you should of said I do get it and basically left it at that.

I wouldn't mind if she had just said yeah I didn't want to meet up or even kept making excuses, I know people aren't that fussed with me and I can take a hint but it's the fact she always seems quite up for meeting up and always texts me back, I mean she replied to that text i mentioned above on her friends phone saying she had no signal etc and she wasn't trying to waste my time but can't help but feel thats not the case.

Saying all that have I been a muppet or am I sort of right?

Comments

• Options
    ahh dont judge me for this, i used to be alot like this girl.

This is me personally and maybe shes different, but i loved texting and flirting with guys, but i never have any intention of meeting up with them because that might make it too serious.
    She sounds like she enjoys talking to you and having you having a crush on her but doesnt want to take it to the next step and have a date.

Why don't you stop trying to meet up with her and stop talking to her as much, i bet she will start trying to meet up with you! It worked when guys did it to me
  • Options
    Yeah thought as much, I have decided just to leave it really. I did text her bit later in day apologising for being bit of a prick and that i'd like to get to know her but I can tell shes not interested. I got a reply and like all the others it seemed positive and mentioned meeting up sometime after half term but spose its just being friendly. Ah well never mind I've managed to change work shifts about and stuff so I should see a lot less of her.

TBH I need to stop flapping about and shouldn't of moaned by textin in first place, I'll remember for next time.
  • Options
    Stop worrying. The surprising thing is - if she's interested and you stop trying, she'll suddenly start trying herself.