Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

shakes, spasms, tremors and all that

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've had the all of the above for 4 years now, and they are getting progressivly worse and more frequent...

i was told that i must have them out of habit and then just because of my nerves, but was always told that they would eventually go...but they have got worse, and in the past 3 months, i've started to wake up with part of my body pretty much immobilised, i.e. my leg just not working and not being able to move it much, or i wake up with muscles feeling very weak, or in a lot of pain.

went to the doctors, and she thinks that it isn't MS or epilepy, but doesn't know what, and thus has refered me to the neurologist...

A) what should i expect in the appointment?

B) has anyone experiance this and been diagnosed with something?

Comments

• Options
    A) what should i expect in the appointment?

They'll talk through your symptoms and history, try to find out a bit more about what's going on. They might do some simple tests, or refer you for more involved tests if they think it's necessary.

They can usually tell you pretty quickly if it's nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    she seemed to think it might be....:(

i just hope that it's not something like MS...which i thought it might be...
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry yourself unnecessarily. With all due respect to them, in my experience most GPs don't usually know a great deal about more complex medical issues.

Wait and see what the neurologist says.