Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's best to eat after a stomach bug!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
title says it all really. was very ill all yesterday+last night, and now feel starving+dehydrated.
im drinking water+very weak juice, and have managed to eat 3rounds of plain toast+keep it down, so i feel ready for something more substantial!
thanx - im starving!

Comments

• Options
    Something light at first but eat normally as soon as you start to feel better.

Fruit juices and soft drinks are probably better than plain water initially.

If it was just a one day effort then you'll be back to normal soon enough.
  • Options
    Curry.
  • Options
    I always just stick with what i think i can stomach, my belly usually tells me pretty muc.h
  • Options
    try light chicken soup
  • Options
    I tend not to eat anything until I feel ok again.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Curry.
    :lol:
    Probalby best thing, would be a nice steak.

Actually, I just want one. Nevemrind... Chicken Soup is always what ill folks have, so must be a reason for it!
  • Options
    apparently scambled egg because the egg helps "bind" stuff together. sorry not very technical but it always seems to work for me :)
    Hope u feel better!
  • Options
    I always find bread products work. Like bagles, muffins, toast and that. Along with Gatoraide.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Fish or chicken and rice, something light.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    You can get rehydration sachets from boots - it's just powder you mix with water and is quite a good idea after a stomach bug.
  • Options
    Live or pro-biotic yoghurts or drinks (such as yackult). Helps to settle the bacteria in the stomach, and good if you cant keep much down.
  • Options
    Live or pro-biotic yoghurts or drinks (such as yackult). Helps to settle the bacteria in the stomach, and good if you cant keep much down.
    They make my mum ill :crazyeyes So, I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot barge pole if I had a dodgy tummy.

I recommend a plate of toast with a scraping of marge on.

Ilora x
  • Options
    drink lucozade or some other energy drink, eat stuff like bananas and fresh fish (not together obviously)
  • Options
    A nice big juicy rump or rip eye.
  • Options
    Don’t go near dairy products as they enflame the stomach and will make you even more sick. Get some lukazade as it re-hydrates the body and I know this sounds stupid but get some ready salted crisps because you loose a lot of salt with a stomach bug and you need to replace some of it. But keep drinking water and have 5 or 6 small meals a day but only carbohydrates. Hope you feel better soon.:)
  • Options
    I find eating bread, cereals or anything else with fibres in it stabilizing. Just be careful not to have too much milk in that cereal tho.
  • Options
    i always find sprite and sushi does me well, but im vegetairian and don't eat the raw fish sushi
  • Options
    This thread is 2 years old, I should hope that the OP's stomach upset has gone away by now.
  • Options
    pasta and lucozade argggg I did'nt notice, fizzy lucozade btw