Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Car advice

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Me and the partner are after a new car, I quite like the look of the Citroen Xsara's, does anyone have any opinion of these, or bad experiences?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Picasso or just regular
  • Options
    regular
  • Options
    Well I've never seen Parkers give a 2 star review before, but here it is http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/Review.aspx?model=144
  • Options
    Going by what the press say, there are far better cars in that class (although you will be able to wangle a better deal on the Xsara than on any other in the class).

Take a look at the Focus, Golf, Megane for example as they are superior in every way (unless you are buying solely on looks).
  • Options
    My dad has one and he's had no problems with it. He's actually selling it.
  • Options
    I have a Citroen car and its rubbish, a colleague of mine also bought a brand new Citroen at the same time as I bought my car brand new and to be honest the cars were and still are rubbish build quality. The service from the dealers has been ok but Citroen themselves although aware of defects in the models of both our cars at the time did bugger all about it, if I had the money I would without a doubt buy a different brand of car now.
  • Options
    Xsara's are horrible, they make me sick a little in my mouth everytime i see one :( Sorry.
  • Options
    noog wrote: »
    Xsara's are horrible, they make me sick a little in my mouth everytime i see one :( Sorry.

:lol:
  • Options
    Oh , I'm sorry... The picasso people carrying THING is the 'orrible one. the normal xsara isn't so bad.
  • Options
    Oh right
  • Options
    thanks everyone. the boyfriend says he wants something 'less gay' anyway :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Janjan wrote: »
    thanks everyone. the boyfriend says he wants something 'less gay' anyway :rolleyes:

get the xsara VTR, some tasty ones about! :thumb:
  • Options

Fair point ;):D
  • Options

:lol:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Get a Golf TDi. Not gay and an extremely good car.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Janjan just had a baby so I would say that bikes are out
  • Options
    Me and my fella are havin a baby and we needed a bigger car, so we got a Vauxhall Vectra 2.0 sri, the boot space is massive, big enough for a pram and shoppin!! and it looks nice!
  • Options
    Yeah I no wrote: »
    Me and my fella are havin a baby and we needed a bigger car, so we got a Vauxhall Vectra 2.0 sri, the boot space is massive, big enough for a pram and shoppin!! and it looks nice!

Congrats
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster

But to be honest, any car of that size would be good enough for a pram and baby.

If you have a baby in the car, your first priority should be safety and not boot space.

Look on Parkers and Which before you buy.

Personally I dislike Vectras, but Vauxhall as a make I do like
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    But to be honest, any car of that size would be good enough for a pram and baby.

If you have a baby in the car, your first priority should be safety and not boot space.

Look on Parkers and Which before you buy.

Personally I dislike Vectras, but Vauxhall as a make I do like

Not all cars that big can fit a pram and shopping in, astra dont and xsara's dont.

I know what your sayin about which, but at the end of the day any car is safe if you drive it safely, I know you may get people crashing into you but aslong as the baby is fastend in properly, then baby should be safe.
  • Options
    Not all cars that big can fit a pram and shopping in, astra dont and xsara's dont.

I know what your sayin about which, but at the end of the day any car is safe if you drive it safely, I know you may get people crashing into you but aslong as the baby is fastend in properly, then baby should be safe.

I would pick a car with a good ncap rating 4 stars or above, certainly not an old freelander wich got two stars even though it looked like a robust family car.
  • Options

Astra and Xsara are in a different size group/class of car to the Vectra. They're a fair bit smaller.
  • Options
    Cars in scale: City car, Supermini, Hatchback, Saloon, MPV, 4x4, People carrier, HUMMER!!!!