Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

has he cheated?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i know this going to make me sound like some paranoid freak BUT i shall continue anyway.

my bfs acting really really strange with me. on monday we were talking about getting a flat next year, something thats been talked about a lot before. i basically said to him i want him to have a proper think about it, don't want him to just say yes to make me happy, then let me know.

i last saw him on tuesday and everything was fine, infact, it was great. We were laughing and joking. The flat thing didn't even get mentioned.

Since Wedneday he's ignored my texts and is acting weird. We don't see each other much and stay in touch by text all the time. We've been together for 2 years and he's never done anything like this before. then yesterday he said something along the lines of i've done nothing wrong but he doesnt want to be with me anymore. I tried ringing him, a lot, but he wouldn't pick up. Eventually after saying to him i think after all this time the least i deserve is an explanation on the phone he picked up. He said there was too much pressure on him about getting a flat. I said there was none at all, i just asked him to think about it, and it was him that suggested it in the first place, a long time ago. If this was bothering him why was he fine on tuesday? It sounds like he's just using it as an excuse

I don't get this at all. It's all so jumbled up in my head. None of it makes sense. One minute he's saying he doesn't want to be with me, the next he's talking about seeing me on tuesday.

I've just been talking to my friend about this and she thinks maybe he's done something and feeling guilty. He should be here tonight but won't come, won't come tomorrow either. Has he got something to hide?

I know he could just be confused himself as to what he wants but all these things are in my head now and i just need to know what other people think of the situation.

I'm also wondering if maybe he's seen his single mates during the week going out and wants that life himself? But there isn't much pressure on him with us, we don't spend loads of time together so he has plenty of free time to do what he likes.

I'm just so confused :crying:

Comments

• Options
    then yesterday he said something along the lines of i've done nothing wrong but he doesnt want to be with me anymore.

I think this is the key sentence in your thread. That's what you've got to work around. There's not much that suggests he's cheating. However there's more that sounds like he's getting cold feet, could be perceived pressure or that this is bringing forth some feelings that have been building up over this.
    He should be here tonight but won't come, won't come tomorrow either. Has he got something to hide?

No. Read the comment I quoted from you above. He told you he doesn't want to be with you anymore. That's not hiding anything.

I understand that this must be coming as a shock to you, it's really sudden. Don't call or text him countless times, it's only going to push him further away from you. He told you he feels pressured and this is just increasing it by a ton. I think you need to give him some space to think.

Try not to overanalyse what's going on, it won't help matters. If he's not decent enough to be completely honest with you what's going on or try to fix it then that's not your fault. Spend time with your mates and take it easy.
  • Options
    the thing is after he said he doesnt want to be with me in a text he said on the phone he did :confused: i don't think he knows what he wants and if he doesn't what am i supposed to do.