Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Am I over-reacting?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My boyfriend and one of our girl friends seemed to very cosy at a party the other night, standing very close together in a dark room when I went in. He swears they were just chatting and I do believe him, but there's still that part of me wondering, mainly because I know she likes him.

Comments

• Options
    How do you know that your friend likes your boyfriend?
  • Options
    My boyfriend and one of our girl friends seemed to very cosy at a party the other night, standing very close together in a dark room when I went in. He swears they were just chatting and I do believe him, but there's still that part of me wondering, mainly because I know she likes him.

If she likes him, that's her problem.

If he likes her, well, then its your problem. I presume that you feel he would never cheat on you?
  • Options
    Personally I think you need to speak to your friend and ask her what was going on, you can usually guage from her reply if she was trying something on.
    If she was then she will know that you saw something and she will be aware that you won't stand for it, plus what sort of friend would try it on a friends boyfriend!
    Try and keep verything out in the open and make it clear where the boundaries are then if they are crossed thre can be no excuse.
    Possibly its your friend you need to be watching not your boyfriend.

I have had a girlfriends friend come on to me and I said nothing to try and keep the peace, it all came out and i was the one left with the argument about keeping secrets.

Honesty is always the best option.
  • Options
    He swears they were just chatting and I do believe him, but there's still that part of me wondering, mainly because I know she likes him.

So you don't believe him then. You still have doubts in spite of what he has said.

Question is, do you trust him? If you do then it doesn't really matter what the other girls does.

If you don't trust him then you should end it now, or something like this will eat away at your forever. Maybe not this incident but there will be others...
  • Options
    "Very cosy"? They were only standing and chatting. Yeah he may have "enjoyed" it a bit, most men would. No reason for you to react. In fact it is better that you don't.
  • Options
    its better not to react. just observe..