Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Girlfriend's attention: Friends vs. Me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,
This is not a huge dilemma, but it certainly bugs me. It seems like if I've made plans with my girlfriend to go out, or do something, and a friend happens to call; she feels the need to tell me about it, and act like it's this huge decision. Usually I tell her just to go, but then she usually ends up just going with me; but still, should it bug me that it's such a big decision for her on whether or not to blow me off?

I guess my concern is that it stems from a long long time ago, like about a year and a half, we were having issues, and she was snapping alot; and I asked why, and she stated that "I'm snapping at you because I could be with my friends right now instead."

(Wow, after writing that down on paper, I should've just broken up with her there.)

But things are better now, but she still acts like she wants to hang out with them instead. Given, she sees me more than them, but I get asked to do things all the time when we have plans, but I don't even consider blowing her off for them; I don't even mention it to her usually.

A good example of this is tonight. We planned to hang out tomorrow, but then a friend called and she called me and left a message on my machine asking what I "thought of the situation because she hates to tell friends no". A bit later, she calls again and leaves another voicemail saying, "Nevermind, i called her back and said no, because that'd be blowing you off."

Now, I thought she was supposed to hang out with me because she wanted to, not because she was obligated to?

What do you folks think?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It sounds to me like she's hanging out with you because she feels like she has to, not because she wants to. Whatever the case, I think it's pretty shitty of her to describe to you her process of deciding whether or not she wants to blow you off to hang out with her friends. If she's thinking like that, she should at least keep it to herself because that would be pretty hurtful to me if I was in your shoes. Get out of there and find someone who appreciates spending time with you.