Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Boy trouble.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok.. I've got myself into a real tricky crappy situation!

Basically I have just come out of a long relationship (2 years.) I loved my boyfriend wholeheartedly but the last couple of months really depressed me when he started taking me for granted, and we'd already had issues with trust as he had treated me badly in the past so I decided to end it.

All was good, I felt happy in my self though he kept asking me to have him back, I enjoyed being able to go out with my friends like every night and having me time.

Bang, then this lad who I've worked with the past couple of months, who I always got on really well with, secretly put his number in to my phone; started texting, he said that he liked me, had done since I started work (I realised he'd always been really flirty with me) and we exchanged some flirty texts, then he invited me over his and I ended up having what seems now to all intents and purposes to be my first one night stand:no:

We had such a nice night, we were both sober, both sat n chatted in front of the telly and cuddled up. Yes I did sleep over and did naughties but the next mornin we were fine with each other, he walked home with me kissed me n held my hand on the way. So I thought it might be the start of something.

Since then he has been such hard work to work with! The first week I ignored him completely because I was embarrassed and not sure how to act. Saw him out over the weekend and he was just like funny with me. Now we are talking again, he is acting like a primary school kid! Saying catty things to me, doin silly stuff to get my attention like chucking sand at me; he told me i should get the sack; at the same time I catch him like staring at me when he thinks I can't see, and when i went to the loo the other day when i came out he was waiting outside and just said I was 'mean':confused: I was gobsmacked as he'd been saying spiteful stuff all day, he just said that was cause I was mean to him, then he started telling me me how this other bloke we work with fancies me and is apparently going to start stalking me. I try and be nice and normal with him and it's doing my head in because I do quite like him but I can't figure him out at all!

Comments

• Options
    it sounds just like he likes you! but for some reason, some blokes do act like little kids when it comes to girls! i really dont know why but it seems to be the case!
    how old is he?

i liked a bloke at work, he seemed really mature, then we went out, had a bit of naughtiness and then he started acting like he was about 13!

but yes...i think he does like you. maybe he is being a bit weird because you ignored him to start with? why dont you try texting him and just saying 'why are you acting weird with me?' or tell him that you like him? he may just be unsure as to how u feel and is acting stupid to have a reason or excuse to talk to you without putting his feelings out there.
  • Options
    we're both 21. he knows i like him! i forgot to say: i text him this week to a) say stop being mean to me as you know i like you and b)dont say i fancy [thisotherladweworthwith] as you know full well who i do fancy! he cant reply anyway his phones been cut off. but it hasnt made much difference!
  • Options
    You did ignore him for a week. How do you think that made him feel? It probably made him feel crap and confused and now he doesn't know how to act around you.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    You did ignore him for a week. How do you think that made him feel? It probably made him feel crap and confused and now he doesn't know how to act around you.

This is true.

I also think there's quite a lot of "pull the girls hair because you fancy her" stuff, I'm guilty of it too. It sounds like a front and he's just joking about, I bet my bottom dollar that he's shy and unsure as to what you want with him. Which is your own fault because you dingyed him for a week, how would you have felt if he did that to you?
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »

This is what it seems like to me as well.

He's probably pissing you off because it's his way of getting attention.
  • Options
    if his phone has been cut off he might not have got your messages. Id go talk to him in person an apologise for ignoring him for a week cos that probably made him feel much like your feeling now.
  • Options
    Well you did ignore him so he's probably acting like that because he likes you but he's hurt.
  • Options
    agreed. in hindsight you shouldn't have ignored him and you can hardly do that then accuse him of being the one acting strange?
  • Options
    did you talk at all the morning after, about how this development might effect your friendship or what you both wanted?

I think if you haven't had that conversation you need to have it now. Try and get him alone and be the mature one. Ask him what's happening and be truthful with him about the whole issue. ie work out what you want from all this.