Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Getting back in touch...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Reeeeeet, well lately i've been thinking about getting in touch with an "ex" of mine. Has been a year and abit since we stopped seeing each other but during that year we tried the whole being friends thing and it didn't work, mainly because it didn't feel right on my part and couldn't really do it. We actually were really good mates and it does suck really that we fell out. I do take alot of the blame for that i guess but she did hurt me quiet badly and even now i don't think i've fully "got over it" . which looking at it .. is quite sad seeing as its being so long.

Anyway, to my point .. last time i saw her was back in April. Happened to be in the same club as her and it was her last night in the UK before she went travelling for a few months .. lets just say it wasn't exactly the way i wanted to say bye and good luck .. infact it went horribly wrong :p

So its been about 6 months of no contact at all and i was thinking of just texting her to see how things are and all that. Dunno if its a good idea though, could just end up getting stuck into that routine we all know to well of waiting and waiting for a text off someone etc etc which i dont want to get into! Plus what would i say?! 6 months of nothing and out the blue i text .. haven't a clue!

Comments

• Options
    I think that if you're not fully over her or what happened it's quite futile to get back in touch because it will just tempt the old feelings back.

If something has changed and you think you could handle being friends with her now I guess you could send her a text and see what happens but you shouldn't hold your breath that things will be like before. They rarely are.
  • Options
    Jaloux wrote: »
    I think that if you're not fully over her or what happened it's quite futile to get back in touch because it will just tempt the old feelings back.

^^ What she said.

Move on mate. Your maybe going thru a tough time and think that by making contact with an ex it might help things get better.

Send a text by all means, but do it with the expectation that nothing will come of it, other wise your only going to be disappointed.

The past is the past, focus on the future. :thumb:
  • Options
    I agree with Calvin.

Definately send her a text dude, I mean there's nothing wrong with keeping in touch. :)
    But try not to dwell on it, man there are millions of chicks out there... I know it seems grim sometimes, but you'll find someone. :)

Anyway I'm gonna shut the fuck up and go to sleep cos I've drunk too much. :thumb:
  • Options
    If you're over her, then not a worry. Just send her a text saying "Hi, hope everythings well and you had fun travelling" or whatever. If you're not over her, don't even think about it because it will only work to ruin any friendship you could possibly have in the future when you are.
  • Options
    Shouldn't be a problem to stay in touch, but you might want to wait until you've fully gotten over her.
  • Options
    Why do you want to find out how she's doing? It sounds to me like you're hoping she's had a miserable time and wants to come running back to you.

Leave well alone unless you are certain that you don't care. And if you don't care, why text her?
  • Options
    Hello pickle, I don't think texting is that good an idea. And nor do you, 'spesh if you are needing reassurance from here to do it, know?

It's age old text book, if she bothered her back arse - regardless of previous encounters - she'd be texting you or have gotten in contact well before now.

Do it if you want to, but I think you'd be silly to do it. At least consider the reasons why you haven't text her in the past and see if they still are good enough reasons to text her now.

I haven't been in contact with my ex in over a year now, and he was sort of my first truel love and that, but like I haven't any reason to text him despite how much time has passed now. It's old hat as they say. Don't let loneliness and convenience be an excuse for a quick way out of whatever you're feeling now. It's not worth it. x
  • Options
    Hmm this is a tricky one. Random texts are always a nice suprise but could mix up the feelings.

On one hand there's no problem in keeping in touch and seeing how she is but it could lead to old feelings flooding back.

I reckon you should just leave it for now if you see her again then maybe text her after and say it was good to see you how have you been doing.

How come you've been thinking about her a lot lately are you bored? Sometimes when I get bored I start talking to ex's again.
  • Options
    Hmm this is a tricky one. Random texts are always a nice suprise but could mix up the feelings.

On one hand there's no problem in keeping in touch and seeing how she is but it could lead to old feelings flooding back.

I reckon you should just leave it for now if you see her again then maybe text her after and say it was good to see you how have you been doing.

How come you've been thinking about her a lot lately are you bored? Sometimes when I get bored I start talking to ex's again.

Dunno why really, she just crops up every now and then. Wouldn't say im bored .. don't have anything to be bored of :p Spose its just been so long now and yeah i guess i just wanna see how she is ... nothing more or less. But yeah your right though, getting the old feelings back is something i really don't wanna start up again and tbh i have a feeling that could happen. But who knows i'll probably end up doing it anyway now i've been thinking about it so long.

Cheers anywho :)