Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Losing weight = saggy boobs?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I didn't know where this would be most suited...

Ok, I'm not massively overweight, but I wanna lose some, but basically I am worried about boob saggage. I have big boobs so they aren't as perky as some and I am pretty self-conscious of it already and really don't want it to get worse.

How can I lose weight without my boobs getting saggy?

Comments

• Options
    It depends on the composition of fat in your breasts. Before I lost weight this year, I was a 30F/G and I had been told by a plastic surgeon that my breasts had more tissue than fat, so if I lost weight, they wouldn't really decrease in size that much. Since then I've lost about a stone, and I'm now a 28F so there was a bit of fat there that is going/gone, but I haven't really noticed that much of a change in their shape in terms of perkiness. Just make sure that you wear a supportive sports bra during exercise, and you get a good fit when the weight starts to go.

Unfortunately if you're going to lose fat, you can't choose from where it goes :(
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    Unfortunately if you're going to lose fat, you can't choose from where it goes :(

Unless you go with lipo! But yeah, you can't spot reduce fat .. or add it ...

It does tend to disappear from the bottom up though I've noticed on a bunch of people ...i.e from legs, then bum and tum, then chest and then face lastly..not that that answers any of your questions .... but if you are doing weights, just get your form right. That's the only shape you should be concerned with.

I'm getting back into the gym habit again, so may well hit you up for some tips go_away!