Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Am I right for feeling like this?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone!

I've been with my bf around 3 months, we were seein each other for awhile before we got with each other and everything has been goin really great and we recently told each other that we loved each other.

Anyway, I hadn't seen him in a week because of work and he lives bout 20min drive away so we had arranged to see each other 2nite. Then i rang him this evening to see what the plans were n he jus said that he was really tired n hungover n that he'll be no use if i go over to him coz he jus wanted to go to bed and that he'll meet me durin d week instead.....and that he loves me, etc.

I jus said fine and i;d talk to him later....he obviously knew i wasn't very happy anyway n he said he'd ring me later.

I jus feel so angry....like i made an effort to get ready n was really lookin 4ward to seein him and now he jus says he doesnt wanna see me.....feel like he doesn't care. Are all men really this laidback?? Do i hav a right to be pissed off with him at all or am i over-reactin n jus bein an insecure bitch?!:rolleyes:

Wud love sum opinions plz?!

Thanks!:D
Sweetiebabe xx

Comments

• Options
    If I were in your shoes, I'd be disappointed for sure, but try to look at it from his perspective - he is being honest with you: he probably wouldn't be the best company tonight if he's tired and hungover. He probably really wanted to see you, but sometimes the lure of the bed is too much and he has already suggested seeing you in the week, so all is not lost.

Don't be too cross with him - you're already ready, so why not go out with some friends or something?
  • Options
    You're not being insecure and I can see why you're pissed off.

These things happen though, maybe he should have thought about seeing you today before getting drunk last night (that's what I personally would've done), but maybe it's better he's told you he'll be no use today rather than you getting over there and him falling asleep etc.

I think you've got a right to be pissed off, but try not to hold it against him.
  • Options
    you feel what you feel. just acknowledge it and move on.