Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

BBC to go on strike over job cuts

Good.

And when they sack the 10% of the workforce for being overpaid and underworked, lets hope they sack the other 90% too.

But the important question is: will anyone notice that they're on strike? It's not like the BBC ever does anything worthwhile (the evening of Stephen Fry repeats was inspired!) so I don't see the issue really.

At least it means I don't have to pay the workshy scroungers whilst they're on the picket line.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I really enjoyed the evening of Stephen Fry repeats. A whole week would have been better, but yanno.

I'd rather the BBC striked than Royal Mail though.
  • Options
    I think it would be pretty stupid for BBC staff to strike. Whilst a Royal Mail strike inconveniences everybody, a tube strike brings London to a standstill (letting tube drivers get pretty much whatever they want) who gives a shit about a few BBC staff striking? The BBC as an organisation doesn't have an inherent right to exist forever and keep taking the license fee until the end of time. Since public opinion is already pretty cool towards the BBC their staff would be pretty stupid to shoot themselves in the foot by going on strike. If they lose their charter there would be significantly more job losses... Unions being short-sighted, who'd have thought it?
  • Options
    It was entertaining, but I don't see why it costs #136 per year to show constant repeats.

It must all get spent on Jonathan Ross and John Barnes mincing about in offensive shirts.