Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Friendship to More...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have ended up getting slightly closer to someone I've known for a while. We are not really good friends, but vague friends all the same. Soon taking it a step further and going on a date. Am pretty nervous about it, not sure how to act. Don't want to be too OTT or anything but on the other hand don't want to seem distant. I really want to get to know them more as a person and have explained this. Both of us were in relationships not too long ago and were even telling eachother how we want to be single. So I don't want to rush into anything. Just a bit nervous about it...

Comments

• Options
    It's natural to be nervous but the other person is likely to be just as nervous as you so try not to worry too much. Just look at it as two friends getting together rather than building it up into a big "date" scenario - you've both admitted you're not after anything heavy just yet, so try to relax and take it as it comes. Sounds like you already get on OK so just enjoy having the time to be with someone you like and see how it goes. Good luck!
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    It's natural to be nervous but the other person is likely to be just as nervous as you so try not to worry too much. Just look at it as two friends getting together rather than building it up into a big "date" scenario - you've both admitted you're not after anything heavy just yet, so try to relax and take it as it comes. Sounds like you already get on OK so just enjoy having the time to be with someone you like and see how it goes. Good luck!

Cheers for the words...Will just take it as it comes and concentrate on having an enjoyable time :)