Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

FAO Indrid

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
And anyone else who might know the answer to this...
I'm using a laptop from Greece and its generally very similar, but I'm having problems with symbols. I can't work how to type the @ and * symbols. Am I being really stoopid? :p

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How did you get those, did you copy and paste from somewhere else? :p
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    How did you get those, did you copy and paste from somewhere else? :p

yeah from word symbols, but it's a pain to have to keep doing it. I can't work out how to do hyphens either! :lol:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Oh, @ should be at Shift+2 and * at Shift+8. Aren't they printed on the keys themselves?

Also, if you know where the symbols are in the English keyboard by heart, you can just go to the language&keyboard settings in control panel and change the layout to a UK keyboard.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Found this on google.
    pic3.png

You need to change it to English :)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Yeah, this was what I was referring to. And it has to be "English (United Kingdom)".

By the way, if you're the only one using that computer, feel free to remove the other keyboard layouts after adding this, it will be fine. But if the greek people are still using it, the other two will have to stay. Just remember to change it to English-UK from the icon at the bottom right, and inform them there's one more layout installed, so they might have to press Alt+Shift more than once to change between the two they're using.