Home Travel and Free Time

Bands Backing Out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Grrrrr, this is so annoying. Loads of bands are acking out over the whole "Afraid to fly" thing O.k, this is understandable, but when you're losing booking fees for gigs, it gets you rally pissed off. Slipknot reshedualed, so did System of a Down, and Blink 182? They cancel their European showes, but then go to the MTV music awards to perform, hmmmmmm looks like record bosses matter more than fans then....

Who's name does God use in vain?

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Damn Right:
    They cancel their European showes, but then go to the MTV music awards to perform, hmmmmmm looks like record bosses matter more than fans then....


    Which unfortunatly is often the case, as sad as it is. Respect to the bands who didn't back out, cancel or reschedule. Erm, can't think of many, just Slayer really. And all the English bands as well <IMG alt="image" SRC="http://www.thesite.org/ubb/smile.gif"&gt;

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My respect goes out to Fear Factory who put on a superb show despite all thats going on.

    Apparently slipknot didn't cancel the tour because of the war. Shaun Crahan's (the clown) wife was undergoing surgery for Crohn's disease, so Shaun wanted to be with her. Can't argue with that.

    When its time to party we will party hard
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah, respect to Sum41 and Jimmy eat world who despite bein on tour with Blink 182, still put on dates for their fans.

    Who's name does God use in vain?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Andrew WK:
    My respect goes out to Fear Factory who put on a superb show despite all thats going on.

    Apparently slipknot didn't cancel the tour because of the war. Shaun Crahan's (the clown) wife was undergoing surgery for Crohn's disease, so Shaun wanted to be with her. Can't argue with that.


    Really? I read that Corey said that at this time and considering the circumstances, they'd all rather be with their families.

    Which when you think about what Shawn said could be sort of true, maybe he wanted to be with his family because his wife was having surgery AND because of the dodgy war. Aww bless <IMG alt="image" SRC="http://www.thesite.org/ubb/smile.gif"&gt;
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ah yes but to Slipknot...People=shit so why would they give a damn?

    Talk about hypocrites.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by DemonK1d Skatewear.Inc:
    Ah yes but to Slipknot...People=shit so why would they give a damn?

    Talk about hypocrites.

    A bit puzzling really isn't it?

    Beings as they apparently have a thing for muffins and herbal tea, makes me wonder anyway...

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah and apparently Corey and Shawn "The clown" are going to an old people's home this christmas to perform various carols and provide food for the needy and infirm....

    Who's name does God use in vain?
Sign In or Register to comment.