Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Chores

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know I know this should be in House, law and money - but y'know .... it's quiet this weekend and people need *something* to reply to!

How long does it take you to do your housework / clean your rooms?
Do you have a set routine?

For me - I do kitchen, bathroom, back to kitchen (as I tend to pop in and out for the cleaning products that are kept in there), bedroom, office and then lounge.

I use Cillit BANG!, Cif Oxy-Gel (sometimes red, sometimes green), and pledge!

/bored

Comments

• Options
    Don't tend to take that long, chores are not enjoyable so I tend to get them done as soon as possible.

Cilit Bang gets ya sooo fucked even crack users are scared to take it!

cillit.bang.spray.jpg
  • Options
    my flat is very untidy but never unclean.....

every weekend (or if very busy weekend monday morning)

hoover the living room, hall, bedroom. change bedding, put on washing, clean the kitchen surfaces, do washing up (thats normally done every morning, or whenever there is hot water), clean the loo, the bath and the sink, clean the floors. then i'll sort out the sofa, dining table, my desk, and then my bedroom. Things like cleaning the scurting boards, windows, and the oven (with that horrible mr muscle stuff) get done every 6 weeks...everything else every week...

i use the cheapest cleaning products unless i can afford ecover or the tesco natural range...

normally takes me 2 hours to do the lot...
  • Options
    my flat is very un tidy but never unclean.....

every weekend (or if very busy weekend monday morning)

hoover the living room, hall, bedroom. change bedding, put on washing, clean the kitchen surfaces, do washing up (thats normally done every morning, or whenever there is hot water), clean the loo, the bath and the sink, clean the floors. then i'll sort out the sofa, dining table, my desk, and then my bedroom. Things like cleaning the scurting boards, windows, and the oven (with that horrible mr muscle stuff) get done every 6 weeks...everything else every week...

i use the cheapest cleaning products unless i can afford ecover or the tesco natural range...

oooh

wanna come do my oven? I forgot that!!!

Yerascrote: Yeah, Cillit Bang reeks - gets right up your nose too ... but it's somewhat ..... nice after a while! :p
  • Options
    i hate cleaning oven's thus they only get done once ever 6 weeks...

you could answer my texts and meet up for a drink....:p
  • Options
    i hate cleaning oven's thus they only get done once ever 6 weeks...

you could answer my texts and meet up for a drink....:p

what texts are those?! :chin:

Not in a drinking mood to be honest ... I gotta be up uber early to watch the F1 tomorrow morning (it's Japan, so it's about 4am or something)
  • Options
    how boring....

well i shall be sat in my flat all alone...might go swimming tomorrow morning...i'm so bored....:(
  • Options
    how boring....

well i shall be sat in my flat all alone...might go swimming tomorrow morning...i'm so bored....:(

:(
    Swimming's good though! Wouldn't do that with a hangover! hehe
  • Options
    oh i'm not going out tonight, i wouldn't be welcome...and don't fancy it on my own
  • Options
    My room tend to be tidy most of the time, so its just cleaning it. I usually tidy anything thats out of place, dust and clean the surfaces, sweep the floor, vacuum the rug, mop the floor, go downstairs and have a cup of tea while the floor dries. Doesn't take me that long.

Bathroom I have a set order of doing things...bath, sink, toilet, sink again, vacuum. The only room in our house with a carpet is the bathroom :|

Kitchen/Lounge I've never actually cleaned as a particular task, only the kitchen before and after I use it.
  • Options
    I hate housework. Sometimes I can't even hear the TV for my mum vacuuming.
  • Options
    I hate housework. Sometimes I can't even hear the TV for my mum vacuuming.

:lol:

Ha ha love it.
  • Options
    J wrote: »
    I had to clean spunk up this morning because I shot my load all over the matress as I missed her mouth. Amateurs!

Lol!

Im sure Mr. Muscle would only be too kind in cleaning that up...:chin: