Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why is losing weight

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...so hard?? :no:

Comments

• Options
    Because it's about changing one's lifestyle and changing is a process that takes time.

Don't give up, if you eat healthy and exercise enough it's something that will help you in the long run. Not only to lose weight but also be healthier in general.
  • Options
    because cakes exist?
  • Options
    It depends on how you're trying to loose weight. Far too many people make the mistake of just reducing nutritients which may result in loss of muscles. Less muscles means lower energy consumption which again may result in lower metabolism. Yes, one might be able to loose some weight within a short term perspective, but in the long run you may actually gain weight.

Varying excersize between muscle building activities and cardio, as well as eating regularly and enough is really the best way in the long run.
  • Options
    35KG?

You need to eat, not diet!
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    its not difficult, I've just lost a stone in 3 weeks

mmhmm, that generally happens when you don't eat!
  • Options
    I honestly don't mean tobe sarcastic, but has it ever occoured to people who want to loose weight that maybe they should just eat less?

Or drink less alcohol...
  • Options
    dieter wrote: »
    ...so hard?? :no:
    Well.. what are you doing to lose weight??? You should be eating healthy and working out regularly... lots of cardio like running and bike riding is a very good workout for losing weight and getting in shape.. check out http://www.findyourdetour.com/ they have some really great tips on there for a new work out and how to get the best results.. Good Luck
  • Options
    healthy wrote: »
    i've been suffering from this problem from my childhood. now i'm 25 and my weight is 35 kg. i don't know the exact reason behind it. i tried lots of medicine, visited lots of doctor but nothing is happened.
    Um how tall are you?

You really shouldn't be trying to loose anymore weight.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Or drink less alcohol...

That is my problem - well that and snacks at work which i don't even buy is just presenty bits people bring back from work.
  • Options
    I honestly don't mean tobe sarcastic, but has it ever occoured to people who want to loose weight that maybe they should just eat less?

That's not always necessarily the case. Some people don't eat enough (or of the right things). I lost a lot of body fat this year by eating more, and eating more frequently.
    lots of cardio like running and bike riding is a very good workout for losing weight and getting in shape

Cardio is good, but for fat loss alone it isn't the most effective means. Changes to eating habits will always come first, then lifting heavy weights to build muscle mass and get that lean look people are always after. I'd say the word toned but it pisses me off too much :D
  • Options
    the 35kg person has an advert for an antipsychotic drug in their signature.

i wouldnt take much notice.
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote: »
    the 35kg person has an advert for an antipsychotic drug in their signature.

i wouldnt take much notice.

I hadn't noticed their sig. I did notice the irony of their name being "healthy" though.