Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fenulum???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So here goes nothing, i might seem kind of shy talking about this stuff because ive never dared to with anyone, and this is a great opportunity.

I wasnt circumcised at birth (i was born in Paris), and i now live in the USA. I really like not being circumcised so im not looking for a bunch of people pitying me and telling me to "snip it". It might seem stupid, but im pretty shy about my penis skin (living in the US, where all kids are circumsized at birth), and ive never told my friends im uncircumcised, even though they're pretty open on the topic of penises and such. My size does not really worry me, but my foreskin does. I am 18 and have had short sex a couple of times, but everytime, i am shy to stay in her vagina and it usually finishes with a handjob. i clean and examine my penis every now and then, and i just now learned about the frenulum. when my penis is relaxed, i can pull the foreskin back to where the head stops, but when it is erect, i am scared to pull it back too far (ie. past the ridge of where the head stops). i think once during a blowjob it was pulled farther back, but i would like to be able to have the skin move up and down freely. Is my frenulum too tight? i also read somewhere that this attachment to the glands goes away as i get older, so i dont know what is going on. i want to know if i can have sex again without my frenulum ripping..?

also, for blowjobs/handjobs, most girls here are used to working their mouth or hands down very far so that it pulls on the frenulum and the skin, and it kind of hurts, how do i work around that?

Thank you so much for any explanation.

Comments

• Options
    Genaud wrote: »
    (living in the US, where all kids are circumsized at birth)

Are they ?
  • Options
    i believe so.
  • Options
    Hi Genaud. There are two aspects here, the psychological aspect and then the physical one.

As to the psychological one i wouldn't carry out a circumsizion because of that. If the girl cares about you, they shouldn't mind about that. You could always explain that you're uncirumcized in order to avoid being embarrassed :) About being teased, remember that you're still young and unfortunately youths tease each other about these things, but these things won't matter so much as youre growing older.
    (In fact, there are a lot of nerve endings in the frenulum all of which can provide added sensation during sex.) Just clean it regularly, and you are able to maintain the same level of hygiene as people who are circumsized.

About the physical aspect, it shouldn't hurt when pulling back the frenulum. Try to stretch it yourself, little by little, this helps for many people. If it's indeed very tight, sometimes doctors apply a minor incision to "free" it, without complete removal of the foreskin.

The string to the glands is normal but as far as I know it stretches as one gets older, making you able to pull frenulum back even more.
    The last option is usually a cirumsision, if none of the above works, or if there are any bacterial infections due to poor hygiene because of the tight frenulum.

But I'd definitly see your doctor about this, they will be able to recommend the most suitable solution in your specific case.

As a last note, I can say that I was circumsized a while ago due to some medical problems, and I was also very shy about it, as it's not common to be circumsized in Europe. However, it gets better everyday, both the mental and physical aspect :)

Good luck with it