Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What will we be listening to when we are old ??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What do you think we will all be listening to in 40, 50 years time when we are all getting old ??

By that I mean will we be listening to music the current older generation usually listen to (50's,60's, and classical music), or will we be rediscovering our youth and listen to the likes of Atomic Kitten, Craig David, Robbie Williams and Samantha Mumba (if you like that kinda music now) ??

By the way I just heard that Afroman is going to Number One this Sunday, with that god awful Because I Got High record.

Oh dear........

Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Well my mum and Dad listen to 60's 70's music which is the music they grew up listening to so I'm hoping that when I'm there age (scary thought) that I'll be listening to funky house music and aying to my kids this was such a tune back in my day. Can't see it though.

What I wonder about though is what music will be like the future. You think about how different Dance music is to the music of the 60's what's it going to be like in another 40 years??????
  • Options
    I think that in the next couple of years your gonna see a lot of garage/R'n'b hits going to Number One, but I reckon that will pass in a couple of years.

In 40 years time, cheesy pop, dance and indie will probably all still be one the scene.

Music is going to evolve loads over the next few decades.
  • Options
    Im ny Grannys old peoples home the residents were forced to listen to chopin and Handel piano music even though their ages ranged between 65 and 101! Someone even tried to explain to them who Michael Jackson was even though they were all alive and young when the Jackson 5 started out.
    Lets face it, when we're over sixty we'll be forced to listen to the same
  • Options
    I really hope not. Can you imagine if they made you listen to some of the music of today thinking you'd like it. What would be your worst nightmare??

Mine would have to be Shania Twain I can't stand her music it makes my ears bleed!!!
  • Options
    But they probably won't even be that kind
    if anything it'll be James Last plays fatboy slim!
  • Options
    I'll probably be a 90 yr old greebo (I'm gonna live to over 20???) listening to Radiohead and Greenday and watching Japanese cartoons whilst sitting in my rocking chair and drinking prune juice.

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.
  • Options
    I think that when we're old we are going to listen to the music we listen to right now. I believe that when you're young music is so much more important to you, you identify with rock stars and their music, you have your favourite ones, in short, that music will always remind you of the time you were young (some say the best time of your life...).
  • Options
    Guns and Roses, I liked them when I was eight. Probably won't live to eighty! If I do, I'm still going to enjoy my loud rock!