Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bin Laden releases video to mark 9/11 anniversary

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Link to short clip.

now personally, i don't think it even looks all that much like bin laden, but that's not my point.....the timing of this video is interesting because the global economy is having big problems at the minute with the massive credit and derivative bubble finally running out of stream, and just like in the run up to 9/11 where the US was tipping into a recession we could have a repeat scenario timed for maximum effect whilst the economy is at it's weakest - just today gold hit $700, the dollar index fell below 80, and job numbers out in the US were so bad they spooked the markets (dow down -249 and yen up strongly against the $ @ ~113 at close of play) because it looks like a recession is already here.

to top it off there have been a lot of rumours floating around on trading forums the last few weeks about the origin of some huge option trades that have been placed on the us and european markets, that would only pay out if the major indexes fell by around 50% by sept 21st, basically a play on a massive financial catastrophe and with the markets so weak at the minute it wouldn't take much to push it over the edge....al qaeda or whoever aren't dumb and the timing of 9/11 wasn't a coincidence imo, the germans have just foiled a major attack on us bases and i wouldn't be surprised if there are other plans in place to fuck the economy up. still i suppose we can always start another war to reinflate the economy!

the next few weeks are going to be very interesting regardless of whether terrorists hit again or not, i feel sorry for anyone coming off a fixed rate mortgage anytime soon....

ETA: lol and i'm due to fly out to america shortly for 2 months so i really hope i am wrong btw!

Comments

• Options
    This is true, it would not surpise me that there would be an anniversy attack of some sort. I doubt they would be able to acheive anything on the scale of 9/11 again though. Havnt had any chemical attacks yet, lets hope they dont get round to that!
  • Options
    Didn't we have this chat last year? If you believed some of the media reporting this time last year, Bin Laden was apparently planning a 5th anniversary to 9/11. He was going to blow up more public buildings and structures, he was going to murder thousands of people, he was going to get hold of nuclear bombs. We've heard all these stories in the press before. But guess what? September 11th, 2006 passed off without a hitch. And September 11th, 2007 almost certainly will too.
  • Options
    It's all a load of shite.

Al Qaeda aren't even a proper organization, Bin Laden is a dummy figure.
  • Options
    i agree but like i said that's not my point, whoever carried out 9/11 timed it just as the US was going into recession, we are at exactly the same point in the cycle 6 years later and i don't care what the media was saying last year the economy and stock markets were still booming, now would be the perfect time to hit again as we are most vulnerable, i'm not saying they will i'm just pointing out the possibility......guess we'll see.
  • Options
    Christianity, Islam, etc... All religions are just the creation of men from years ago. They are not actuallyt he word of God, i mean, has anyone ever heard God? How come he only spoke Moses for example and chaps from back then... surely he could say something now to sort out the world, since his first attempts back in the day have led to the world being the way it is. Nope! I think religions are all just made up, im not saying there isnt a God, i like to think there is one, but i dont like to think religions matter all that much... not to me... look at scientology, what a crock of shit that is! Talk about playing on the mentally retarded who happen to have a lot of dosh lying around!

BAck on topic... i don't see any terrorist attacks of any major significance taking place on the anniversary of 9/11... wouldnt it be a waste of effort givent he level of increased security on that day? Just do it on September 12th and you will probably get away with it!
  • Options
    I thought they were already planning an anniversary attack in Germany but it was stopped? Seems a bit stupid to attack on the anniversary to me because security will be higher.
  • Options
    He's dyed his beard, how odd is that, a vain terrorist.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    He's dyed his beard, how odd is that, a vain terrorist.

I think most terrorists are vain - after all they think they can change the world which is a pretty egotistical thing to believe...
  • Options
    I think most terrorists are vain - after all they think they can change the world which is a pretty egotistical thing to believe...

I suppose you are right, I just had a nice image of him poping down to his local chemist for some Just for Men.