Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Chinese military hacked into Pentagon

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Story.

If true it's quite worrying but they're probably just making a point, US can't really do much to retaliate atm so China is just pushing a few buttons to see what they can get away with....

Comments

• Options
    lol go china, but lets be honest, americas probably hackin everyone! For all we know it could just be retaliation.
  • Options
    It's just another form of spying innit. All powers do it to each other. I guess the difference with the internet is that it is a lot more public system- nobody outside the Pentagon would have known if, for instance, someone had simply opened a file cabinet and photographed some documents.

This could be revenge for the endless US AWACS planes that fly non-stop alongside the Chinese coastline spying on Chinese communnications. Remember that incident with the downed US plane a few years ago?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    It's just another form of spying innit. All powers do it to each other. I guess the difference with the internet is that it is a lot more public system- nobody outside the Pentagon would have known if, for instance, someone had simply opened a file cabinet and photographed some documents.

yep, it's hardly new. Second oldest profession uses new technology. Chances are the Chinese are spying on us and I'd be suprised if GCHQ wasn't trying to tap into Chinese conversations
    This could be revenge for the endless US AWACS planes that fly non-stop alongside the Chinese coastline spying on Chinese communnications. Remember that incident with the downed US plane a few years ago

Don't think its revenge as it'll have been going on for years. If china and the US aren't exac tly hostile, they're not bosom buddies either.
  • Options
    Apparently these guys are pretty active. Now we are being targetted :D

Chinese army hackers 'target Whitehall and Foreign Office'
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    Apparently these guys are pretty active. Now we are being targetted :D

Chinese army hackers 'target Whitehall and Foreign Office'

Cheeky buggers!
  • Options
    Dubya has managed to piss off the Chinese more than once during his presidency already?, lest we forget. Remember the incident with those planes that were downed in China? All he had to do was say "no, they shouldn't have been there" and the Chinese would have let them be off. As it was, he dug his heels in, and the diplomatic blunder went on for weeks. What a moron.

Doubtless he'll manage to piss them off again somehow. As for them trying to hack into UK computers, it wouldn't surprise me.
  • Options
    Now the conspiracy theories are rife, here's mine.

Sure, China may have hacked in, but why'd the yanks go public with it? Because they want people to try - then they'll round up the best of the bunch, recruit them, pay them a decent wage, and have them on their side.

still, it doesn't really matter that much - It's a good call for everyone to beef up their security