Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

DNA Database

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, if this happens I'm seeking asylum in another country.

Incidentally, if you're arrested an not charged with anything, and refuse to give a DNA sample, what can they actually charge you with?

Comments

• Options
    "If you got nothing to hide you've got nothing to fear" etc etc

:rolleyes:

If they ever force me to give my DNA I will at least tell them the only sample they're ever going to get from me is cum. Fuck 'em.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    "If you got nothing to hide you've got nothing to fear" etc etc

:rolleyes:

If they ever force me to give my DNA I will at least tell them the only sample they're ever going to get from me is cum. Fuck 'em.

If they think I'm going to wank off in front of strangers they're very much mistaken

Though its a none story - judge says its a good idea because the current system its intrinsically racist, Government says not interested in making it compulsory as the judge underestimates the "practical issues, logistics, civil and ethical issues that surround it."
  • Options
    Cunts already have my DNA.
  • Options
    If they think I'm going to wank off in front of strangers they're very much mistaken

Though its a none story - judge says its a good idea because the current system its intrinsically racist, Government says not interested in making it compulsory as the judge underestimates the "practical issues, logistics, civil and ethical issues that surround it."
    I have to say I don't quite get what the judge is implying. If the current system takes (rightly or wrongly) samples of anyone convicted of a crime then how could the breakdown of ethnicities in the database be racist? :confused:

If they were taking random samples from people on the street and it turned out most of them were from minority groups it would be a different matter.
  • Options
    I have to say I don't quite get what the judge is implying. If the current system takes (rightly or wrongly) samples of anyone convicted of a crime then how could the breakdown of ethnicities in the database be racist? :confused:

If they were taking random samples from people on the street and it turned out most of them were from minority groups it would be a different matter.

It includes people who were cleared as well, and I think the argument is that ethnic minorities are more likely to be charged. Now I have no idea whether the Judge's argument holds water or not, but I do think its a none story.
  • Options

yet they're bringin in a biometric database of every uk citizen and noncitizen(they can find)
  • Options

taken from people who were arrested and not necesserily charged, there's peoepl who were between 10-17 when arrested and not charged, and they'll be on it for their lifetimes

the racism charge is a bit silly, that's not due to the DNA thing itself that's just due to more minorities being arrested, which can be seen as racist, but not the actual DNA database itself
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »

x2

charges were dropped against me and im still on the database (they actually took it for a crime AGAINST me before that and promised it would be destroyed.. which i somehow doubt happened)

ID cards, compulsory DNA, ANPR, even bloody lie detectors.. im with IWS on this one, i'll be jumping ship to another country in a few years if this kind of nonsense keeps up :no:
  • Options
    No way im giving my DNA voluntarily... what if i want to commit a crime someday in the future, it could seriously hinder my chances of being successful in that crime!
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »

Semen sample??? :lol:
  • Options
    They've already got mine too, once my name was cleared i asked if i could get it removed but they said no. Im not really in favour of such a database, maybe they could take everyones then only use it when serious crimes are involved?
  • Options
    i see no reason why they should have my genetic identity at all. I've done nothing wrong so they have no reason to have my 'blueprint' on file

i'm very uncomfortable with the way these things seem to be going. Id cards with biometric information to keep tabs on everyone and now they want a national database of DNA for everyone :nervous:
  • Options
    heh I wonder how close we are to a civil collapse
  • Options
    it's a way off yet but wait til most people are settled with the notion of compulsory id cards and passports with biometric data, then holding everybody's DNA records will be more acceptable (hell they already have my fingerprints right? what do i have to hide etc), and before you know it we'll all be walking around with RFID implants and barcodes on our heads with sensors on all CCTV cameras as standard most likely, lol i'm not hanging around for that shit.
  • Options
    But everyone said they weren't hanging around when you have to pay tax etc. (roman era lol)

I mean, there comes a point where people will value their freedom from establishment more than their careers, livelihood, the sense of security given by our nanny state and even their lives. That's when people will protest outside parliament and when the police come to move them on, they'll see as that strange person put it, just a man in a suit who's ordering them about - and will say no.

I mean, maybe it's a romantic ideal brought about by too many stories of freedom and independence. I'm going to be rich *touch wood* and enjoy my sense of security. I'm weak :(

Though, as we've seen in France, people can only be pushed so far even in 'civilised' western society.