Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

leukemia tests

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi.
Recently i went on holiday and caught a stomach bug. I eventually went to my doctors to get it fixed and he did some routine blood tests. In my blood test it showed up several abnomalities which lead to further blood tests etc. I was told they were testing for something called pernicious (sp?) anaemia and for leukaemia. In the meantime i have been put on B12 injections 3 times a week and folic acid supplement tablets. With more blood tests being taken next week and the week after. I dont really know what advice i'm after. Being a bit of a worrier i suppose can anyone tell me of a similar situation and how it turned out? Or even can anyone tell me anything about either desease? Or basically can anyone tell me how to make the whole thing go away? Because i'm nineteen and rather terrified and as anyone who i know is either freaking out or being "positive" I could just do with someone saying something to make it a bit better in my head.
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks. I hate asking doctors things though because i feel like i'm wasting their time. xx
  • Options
    but still, its seems to me that if there was anything i need to know then they would tell me about it without me having to ask, so asking questions is just prodding into stuff i dont really need to know. x
  • Options
    but still, its seems to me that if there was anything i need to know then they would tell me about it without me having to ask, so asking questions is just prodding into stuff i dont really need to know. x
    you should ask all your questions because that will help put your mind at rest, half the reason you're worried is because you don't know enough, if you learn as much as you can you'll feel better