Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I'm scared

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have the house to myself and I'm about to go to bed. Why am I always scared when no one's in the house?!
Even if someone's just asleep downstairs I'm not scared. Now I shall have a disturbed night of sleep with the landing light on and my bedroom door open.
Now I'm the kind of girl (silly enough)that won't back down from anyone and always the one mates drag in to get them out of shit.....if only they could see me now!
How is the light supposed to protect me??
Anyone else the same?!
Once I close my eyes I won't open them 'til morning!

Comments

• Options
    do you have a tv or radio in your room you could put on?
  • Options
    yeah got radio 1 on and left the tv on downstairs....dunno why!
  • Options
    can you not just laugh at urself and say its all in ur head and ur being daft :p
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    can you not just laugh at urself and say its all in ur head and ur being daft :p

Or you could take a valium ;)
  • Options
    oh yeah....but they don't know that....:p
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    I have the house to myself and I'm about to go to bed. Why am I always scared when no one's in the house?!
    Even if someone's just asleep downstairs I'm not scared. Now I shall have a disturbed night of sleep with the landing light on and my bedroom door open.
    Now I'm the kind of girl (silly enough)that won't back down from anyone and always the one mates drag in to get them out of shit.....if only they could see me now!
    How is the light supposed to protect me??
    Anyone else the same?!
    Once I close my eyes I won't open them 'til morning!

One of my friends is exactly the same, i still get calls from her occassionaly at midnight or 1am cos she's managed to scare herself so much that she needs to talk to someone :lol:
  • Options
    haha it's crazy! I've always been scared of the dark when I'm on my own! It's not rational thingsa like robbers or rapists....it's ghosts and I don't really believe in them....until it's dark!
  • Options
    I'm not scared of the dark but I don't like it either. Only time I have my room dark is if there's someone else in bed with me that I can distract myself with. It's more darkness brings boredom and thoughts and then I either upset myself or just get that absorbed that I don't sleep with me though.
  • Options
    I'm the same, although its not the dark, I just get paranoid that someone's gonna break in or there will be a fire and noone will be around to help... I usually just lock my door, leave a light on and try and forget about it!
  • Options
    Really? No-one? Okay, it's up to me as usual. "I'll come round and keep you company, love." :naughty:;):heart: :flirt:......:yeees:
  • Options
    I get scared too. The last time I ended up in tears. I was walking up the stairs and turned the downstairs light off so it was dark, then I got to the top and my phone fell out my pocket, so I had to run back down grab it then run quickly back up, but when I turned around to check no one was behind me I thought there was a man, I screamed, ran to my bed and hid under the covers crying.

I always start thinking dead people are in my room as well, am I the only one that does that?
  • Options
    When I was younger I used to play this wierd, fucked up game with myself when I went to bed, and always ended up scaring myself shitless.

I used to pretend there was this huge bloke (I pictured him looking like the Blood Bottler out of the BFG) who would come into my room and if I was out of my bed, he'd kill me. If I was in my bed but awake, he'd think about killing me, and if I pretended to be asleep then he'd leave me alone. But I always ended up scaring myself so much that I couldn't sleep.

I have absolutely no idea why the fuck I used to this, I was a very wierd kid... :confused:
  • Options
    That is pretty weird :p I remember when I had a friend around once and we were pretending her dead gran was at the window as you do. But we scared ourselves so much we daren't move to turn the light on. I had to shout my mum to come and turn it on because we thought she was going to get us. We were hid under the covers so scared.

Do you ever walk home at night and say in your head you don't want to think of this, but because your not wanting to think about it you think about it if that makes sense? I always think I'm going to get murdered or raped or something and then can't get it out my head.
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    That is pretty weird :p I remember when I had a friend around once and we were pretending her dead gran was at the window as you do. But we scared ourselves so much we daren't move to turn the light on. I had to shout my mum to come and turn it on because we thought she was going to get us. We were hid under the covers so scared.

Do you ever walk home at night and say in your head you don't want to think of this, but because your not wanting to think about it you think about it if that makes sense? I always think I'm going to get murdered or raped or something and then can't get it out my head.

:lol: Ok my game was wierd, but at least I don't pretend I have dead relatives looking through my window! One sleepover round a mtes house, it was fucked up because we were scaring eachother with stuff and then we looked through his conservatory window and there actually was this old man standing there, staring in at us!! We legged it, came back later and he was gone...

Lol Yeah the walking home thing makes sense...I live outside of town, in the middle of no where so when I walk home after being out on the piss or something, I have to walk down this road in the pitch black in the middle of nowhere and past a graveyard. The more you think about stuff, the more it scares you. I always just try and think, "Who would be randomly waiting down here anyway?". The worst is when you start hearing your own footsteps...it's worse when you're stoned, trust me. :p
  • Options
    Just try not to think about it as much..

i know easier said than done.
  • Options
    Shogun wrote: »
    Just try not to think about it as much..

i know easier said than done.

Yeah its true! When my parents are away and im home by myself, I always get scared and start thinking I can hear noises downstairs. But I just make sure iv locked everywhere, put the alarm on and just say to myself 'nobody is in the house, or the alarm would be going off'. its hard to get to sleep sometimes! i usually make my boy mates stay over in the other room, haha.