Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tss

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey

i have read the advice on the site about this but i just wanted to ask your advice too. i was stayin t my bf's house last few days and i was on, he was at work one night but i was watchin a film so decided to stay up till he got home from work (middnight) but i fell asleep - e came in and woke me up and i went straight to bed - forgettin to take out my tampon....which had already been in for about 6 hours, and then not knowing it was there we had a bit of a lie in the next morning so overall (this is gross) it was in there for 17 hours...

I know a little about TSS and ive read the symptoms are sudden which I have not had yet and its been 2 days - do you think i should look into it more, or not worry about it - i.e. will i get those sudden symptoms definately if i have it or could it be there without symptoms?

thanks x

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    From what I believe, a large percentage of the population are naturally immune to TSS and if you were to catch it you would be extremely unlucky.

I also read that TSS can be fatal within hours so if you haven't experienced any symptoms as of yet I'm sure you'll be fine!