Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cleansing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Teach me to shower :( So I've been uberly unhealthy lately. With my love for Taco Bell and not only the liquer at home, but been going out and getting some. So I thought I'd take maybe a week off. Get all refreshed to start over ;) I don't think I'm a relativly unhealthy person, I do have bad habbits but I try and I was thinking maybe I'd go all hardcore for a week or two. Sort of clean it all out. (Not to lose weight) Not a diet or anything, but maybe taking a few extra steps I wouldn't usually. Now I've got the fruits, vegis, water, doing oatmeal in the morning with jam, but I could switch to more realer fruit preserves or something? I've read some places to avoid cheeses and wheat? I probably wouldn't, I'm not that good, but still. And I could hit the sauna.

But I'd have no idea what to eat for dinner. We go out most days so what should I look for/avoid on a typical menu?

So, tips? Ideas? Stupid idea, we don't live forever so enjoy all the taco bell and high impact long island ice teas while you still can :p?

Comments

• Options
    Ooh I love a good detox. For two weeks I usually cut out alcohol and smoking and I don't eat any bread/pasta/rice/chocolate/crisps. I also take some aloe vera and cranberry juice twice a day which is supposed to clean out your intestines. I also drink 4 litres of water a day.

I usually feel less lethargic and much better in myself. I actually haven't done this for months now...should get on it!
  • Options
    Stupid idea, we don't live forever so enjoy all the taco bell and high impact long island ice teas while you still can :p?

That's generally my attitude! :lol: But then that is probably why I'm unhealthy, get tired alot so am reliant on caffeine, and not all that fit either.

Do these detox things really work? Do you actually notice the difference after only 2 weeks or so? Sorry I haven't got any advice, I'm just wondering.