Home Represent Young People

Calling all illustrators....!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
.

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Didn't you post things in the past without asking for permission as well. We aren't going to say no if you use the proper channels - but if it happens again without permission we'll delete all requests.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jim V wrote: »
    Didn't you post things in the past without asking for permission as well. We aren't going to say no if you use the proper channels - but if it happens again without permission we'll delete all requests.

    huh?

    sorry, i dont understand. channels? requests? i was going to put it in the 'jobs' section, but i wasnt sure if it was applicable, so i put it in anything goes.
    all my posts before this one have been the usual, standard chit-chat type posts. sorry if im not supposed to post things like this.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Didn't you post previously about your company and a logo?

    Just to make it clear, you don't have the right to post requests for help with a business, or for people to help you with a business without first seeking the permission of a moderator. If you don't then all you are doing is spamming the boards.

    The rules you agreed to when registering are pretty clear -

    'If you intend to post a message asking for help from users on projects, surveys or if you are a member of the press looking for people to contribute to articles or stories you must first obtain permission by contacting TheSite.org staff.'

    It's also traditional to make it clear what people can expect in return for helping someone with a project (for example we require journalists to make it clear exactly what cash payment is offered for stories). So it would be helpful if you could clarify what commission rate you'd normal expect to pay out on average, and other relevant details such as the time frame for payments and any requirement of sales levels before payments are made.

    Sorry if these seems a bit heavy, but there is a world of difference between chit-chat and using the boards to source commissioned art work for a private business unconnected to the charity running this site.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not sure you're gonna find anyone who'll willingly produce the quality file you need without being paid first- I'm in the print & design business and we don't start jobs without being paid first. I'd say your best bet is to comission a professional graphic designer (pm me, I can reccommend a few, including mine that I have here) who will give you a full consultation on what you expect from your logo and what you will be using it for. That way you'll get the right thing first time, rather then getting loads of people sending you files that aren't right for reproduction purposes.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sorry jim v. it wont happen again. thanks for not just deleting the thread without hesitation.

    but no, as far as i can remember, i didnt previously post about help with a logo. i did post a few months back asking for help with thinking up a name. although that question always pops up now and again.

    anyway, sorry for at least not asking first.
    Dobbin wrote: »
    I'm not sure you're gonna find anyone who'll willingly produce the quality file you need without being paid first- I'm in the print & design business and we don't start jobs without being paid first. I'd say your best bet is to comission a professional graphic designer (pm me, I can reccommend a few, including mine that I have here) who will give you a full consultation on what you expect from your logo and what you will be using it for. That way you'll get the right thing first time, rather then getting loads of people sending you files that aren't right for reproduction purposes.

    thanks for the input, buti think you misunderstand me. i dont need a logo designed.

    im just looking to see if anybody is interested in making a few bob for a tshirt design. somebody sends a design, i like it, and i pay them for us to print it onto the shirts. its that simple. quite a few companies work in this way.

    this thread isnt going to win post of the week, is it....:rolleyes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    drumbeat wrote: »
    this thread isnt going to win post of the week, is it....:rolleyes:

    Aye, hardly crime of the century. Politics eh :rolleyes:
Sign In or Register to comment.