Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

PIzza sandwich

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just had a pizza bagle and I really want something else. But I don't have a toasted sandwich maker so is there any other way to make a pizza sandwich like thing? I've run out of bagles :( I really only have bread. Just regular sandwich sliced bread. And I don't feel like going out.

Anctually, I don't have any pizza cheese, so nevermind.

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I buy some mini frozen pizzas and cook them and put them in normal bread as a sandwich. Lovely stuff.
  • Options
    You could melt some cheese on bread like you would for cheese on toast, but put slices of tomato on there, maybe some herbs and whatever else you like on your pizza. I do that to make mini pizza breads.
  • Options
    ^^ I make something similar. Piece of toast, spread some tomoato purree over it. Top with cheese, onion, tomato and mixed herbs and grill till the cheese has melted.
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    I buy some mini frozen pizzas and cook them and put them in normal bread as a sandwich. Lovely stuff.

You put an actual pizza in a sandwich? :eek2:

That's like when people put pies in a sandwich.. so wrong.
  • Options
    I don't really get what it is but if your on about like a Pizza Substitute you could cut a baguette in half and use that as a base ?
  • Options
    A pizza inside a sandwich - isn't that like a bread overload?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Just make a pizza. Really easy to do. I made two awsome pizzas last night. Chorizo, onion chili and garlic. :yum:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    how do you make your pizza base then smarty pants? yeasty or scone base style?
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    You put an actual pizza in a sandwich? :eek2:

That's like when people put pies in a sandwich.. so wrong.

I know!!!!!!! Thats weird. Putting pizza dough in bread? :yuck:

Talk about carb overload! :lol:
  • Options
    I was reading about the history of pizza and apparantly the name derives from 'pitta' as in the bread, and the very first acknowledged ones were like a poppadum base (quickly fried and thin) and with 3 vegetables thinly sliced and quickly ate. Apparantly the original pizzeria in naples where they were first made is still there.
  • Options
    i remember break times at school, i looooved their pizza bread things. It was a slice of bread toasted, then they spread a tiny bit of tomato puree sprinkle cheddar cheese on, then finely chopped onions and tomatoes. Sprinkle some oregano and then do a zigzag of ketchup!!!

And it was only one piece of bread!!!!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    katralla wrote: »
    how do you make your pizza base then smarty pants? yeasty or scone base style?

200g flour
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    100 ml lukewarm water
    1 teaspoons dried yeast
    1/2 teaspoon sugar

Mix the yeast and sugar with a little warm water and leve for 10 minutes. Then add it to a bowl with everything else, mix it up and kenad it till it's smooth. Let it sit for an hour then flatten it into a base. EASY.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I don't really get what it is but if your on about like a Pizza Substitute you could cut a baguette in half and use that as a base ?

Ah yeah like greggs do. their lush :yum:
    mmmm....... i'm hungry
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I know!!!!!!! Thats weird. Putting pizza dough in bread? :yuck:

Talk about carb overload! :lol:
    Pfffffffft. Its nice. I'll make you one!