Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

TV Game Shows

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What's your favourite TV Game shows?

I don't watch any any more..

Used to do a lot more in the days when there was only 4 or 5 channels to choose from..

I did like the concept of Who wants to be a Millionaire - don't watch it anymore though

Never liked that one with Anne Robinson

Used to like that one with the computer animations and you had to guess what the catch phrase was ..
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Only the best one ever- Catchphrase....still gets me shouting at the TV at these stupid people.

Like there will be a pen that's squirting out water in a park. Dumb contestants are like " ummm....Water pen, water writing, water ink."

You stupid thicko's :banghead: - It's bloody FOUNTAIN PEN. DUH!
  • Options
    Catchphrase was amazing!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Bullseye!
  • Options
    Takeshi's Castle ;)
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Bullseye!

It's on FTN now. You never realised how funny it was as a kid. On the faces round the other day, Jim goes, "I think she was from the same herd as Bully." :lol: You'd never get away with that on Sunday evening TV now.

I loved Big Break, The Generation Game, Catchphrase, Family Fortunes, Wheel Of Fortune (the board game's even better). And Endurance. "It'sch not rearry shit. It's onry brown." :lol:

And does anyone remember this? "You are todays winner, and you've won £100." Cheap as fuck Channel 5 when they first started.
  • Options
    Price is Right, baby :thumb:
  • Options
    It's on FTN now. You never realised how funny it was as a kid. On the faces round the other day, Jim goes, "I think she was from the same herd as Bully." :lol: You'd never get away with that on Sunday evening TV now.

I loved Big Break, The Generation Game, Catchphrase, Family Fortunes, Wheel Of Fortune (the board game's even better). And Endurance. "It'sch not rearry shit. It's onry brown." :lol:

And does anyone remember this? "You are todays winner, and you've won £100." Cheap as fuck Channel 5 when they first started.
    FTN show about 6 episodes during the day, brilliant.

Big Break as well, absolutely superb.
  • Options
    Like with DG, I lost interest in TV when it became more than 4/5 channels. I did like Catchphrase, as a couple here have mentioned already. My favourite game show however had definitely got to be Gladiators!
  • Options
    Gladiators was superb.
  • Options
    Gladiators was superb.

Oh I remember that show! With the scary people in the 80's hair and glittery spandex. That was good stuff.
  • Options
    Gladiators was superb.

My cousin used to go to a gym owned by Wolf. Apparently he's a nice guy in real life.
  • Options
    Challenge TV has all them old skool one's :thumb: . Strike it Lucky was a one I've noticed recently, ah nostalgia.

I like The Weakest Link, The Eggheads and Who Wants to be a Millionaire these days. As you can see, I like General Knowledge shows.