Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Echinacea & the pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Heeeey, didn't know whether to put this thread here or in Health&Fitness, so please move if you want to :)

I've got a bit of a cold coming on, so I thought I'd try some echinacea to get rid of it- just worried it might interfere with the pill? Anyone know anything at all? Cheers :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dobbin wrote: »
    Heeeey, didn't know whether to put this thread here or in Health&Fitness, so please move if you want to :)

I've got a bit of a cold coming on, so I thought I'd try some echinacea to get rid of it- just worried it might interfere with the pill? Anyone know anything at all? Cheers :thumb:

Hey Dobbin,

I have not read anything that suggests any negative interraction between Echinacea and birth control. In fact I've seen some medical advice that advocated taking the two together in a given instance.

To be 100% sure you should really consult your doctor, or seek the advice of a pharmacist.

Take care...