Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

cold sores

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone got any tips to help get rid of a cold sore once its reached blister stage? I have five days before a special occasion and want rid!

-Jess-

Comments

• Options
    Zovirax should still do it within 5 days ...
  • Options
    Keep it clean and moisturised in the day (something like vaseline is good - stops it splitting, bleeding and scabbing), leave it to air at night and don't pick it or touch your face.

I personally wouldn't bother with zovirax, but that's just me. If you find it helps, go for it. :)
  • Options
    Tried Zovirax and find its useless. Just makes it more (sorry) crusty :yuck:
  • Options
    I would have thought zovirax would be good, as it contains antivirals specific to the herpes simplex virus that gives you the cold sore.
    But having said that, I wouldnt know how quickly it would clear it, and poss the moisturising thing would at least stop it cracking. but the antiviral would help with keeping it at bay. Im not much help here!
  • Options
    erk well luckily it seems to be one of those shorter lived ones - im putting vaseline on it which seems to be stopping it getting too painful, i reckon with lots of hot baths to soften the skin, vaseline and a bit of zov, then it should be mostly gone by next week.......... i HATE them they are so unattractive :mad: