Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Vox pop - Internet dating

PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
We've extended our vox popping to the boards so you can all have your say. We will choose the best/most interesting answers to appear on the vox pop area of TheSite.org. If your answer is used in the final page then I will PM you and ask for your picture. We will sub them in the same way we always do to make them into short and concise answers, so if grammar isn't your thing, then fear not!

:heart: Vox pop - Have you ever used internet dating? :heart:

Does internet dating carry the same stigma that it did a few years ago or are you all at it? Have you had any dodgy experiences, or did you meet a hottie and things are still going strong? We want to hear all about your online dating experiences (coz we're nosy like that)...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    what's a vox pop?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    It's when you ask the public their opinion on something. Click on the link in Pearly's post to see examples.
  • Options
    Do the words stand for anything?
  • Options
    Vox Populi - Latin for 'voice of the people' from when the Imperial Roman Senators would ask for the opinions of the public on issues presented to them
  • Options
    Oh fancy schmancy. thanks :D
  • Options
    I know you can't really use it Pearly coz of my old, old age :p but Gaydar is a whole other world. It's full of some of the nattiest little shits you will ever meet in your life. Don't get me wrong, there are some great guys on there and i've found a few good friends (and decent shags) from there, but there's something about gay dating sites that turns people into compulsive liars and dick heads.

And as for describing yourself, half the guys haven't got a clue or just out and out lie.

Below is a selection of descriptions and what they really mean in the world of Gaydar.

Body Type :

Slim - Skeletal
    Average - Fat
    Stocky - Really fat
    Large - Incredibly obese
    Defined - I went to a gym once on a wet afternoon in February
    Muscled - Fat, but i've got pecs.

Dick size :

Small - Small
    Average - Small
    Large - Small-average but i'll take a photo of it from below or above so it looks bigger
    Extra Large - I copied a photo from another profile.

Orientation :

Gay - Screaming tantrum queen
    Curios - Gay
    Open minded - Fuck anything
    Bi-sexual - My wife/girlfriend doesn't know i like it up the ass
    Straight - Gay or see bi-sexual

Role :

Passive - Fuck me
    Versatile - Fuck me
    Active - I'll fuck you if you fuck me

And some random ones

Straight acting - Screaming queen. And what's with 'straight acting' anyway ? If we acted straight we'd be having kids, drinking Stella and having horrible Paisley carpets.

Must be discreet - I'm married with 3 kids and my wife doesn't know i wear her panties.

My wife knows - She found my profile on Gaydar

In a long term relationship - I'm bored of him and want another

We love each other - We fuck other people

Always up for action - Desperate

Not looking for a relationship - My boyfriend doesn't know i'm fucking around behind his back

Total top - For £50 you can fuck me.

I'm 25 and boyish - I'm knocking 40
  • Options
    PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
    I know you can't really use it Pearly coz of my old, old age but Gaydar is a whole other world. It's full of some of the nattiest little shits you will ever meet in your life. Don't get me wrong, there are some great guys on there and i've found a few good friends (and decent shags) from there, but there's something about gay dating sites that turns people into compulsive liars and dick heads.

Well maybe this could be an idea for a new article so thanks for that, very funny stuff I enjoyed reading it!
  • Options
    I don't really want my picture up but I did meet my boyfriend on an internet dating site :o:)

I only went on it as I was bored and fed up of meeting drunk guys in bars, who tend to be shallow and focus on looks.

He's the only person I met through internet dating and that was in December...although there is a bit of embarrassment about it (eg, when people at work asked me where I met my boyfriend, I told a white lie and said "in town" (which I kind of did..)
  • Options
    I met my fiance on a dating site, we're getting married on 25th of next month
  • Options
    haha rubberskin :p
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    bump
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    And as for describing yourself, half the guys haven't got a clue or just out and out lie.

I think that's just dating site in general.

For women:
    Average = fat.
    Curvy = fat, but shows off cleavage all the time.
    Bubbly = fat and never shuts up.
    Voluptuous = fat and will suck your face off if you kiss her.

For men:
    5'10" to 6' = about 5'8" (I've actually seen this on someone's myspace)
    College educated = well sixth form, but it'll impress American girls who don't know the difference.
    Salary £100k and over = I still live with my parents, so I can afford to buy things that make me look rich.
    Lot's of girls as friends on profile = I've never actually met any of them, but look how popular I am with the ladies.
    Athletic = well I play for the pub dart team.
  • Options
    I think that's just dating site in general.

For women:
    Average = fat.
    Curvy = fat, but shows off cleavage all the time.
    Bubbly = fat and never shuts up.
    Voluptuous = fat and will suck your face off if you kiss her.

:lol: