Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bloated

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
Anyone know of any ways to relieve it? I hope it is bloating and not that I am reforming my tummy to become the next millenium dome.

It is huge! Proper round as well, I could pass for being 7 months preggers! :no:

Baggy tops for me until you all come up with some suggestions...Please help a girl get back into a normal t shirt.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have bad problems with bloatness as well. I take water retention tablets, rennies and other random things you get in the shops to help!

Activia yoghurts are quite good I've noticed. They taste yummy too.

Also, whats your diet like because I've changed mine within the last two weeks to really healthy food that is in low fat and low in carbs :yes: My tummy has been much flatter I've noticed but I might be losing weight as I'm going the gym too :chin:
  • Options
    A lot of it comes down to your diet. Whenever I eat simple carbs, especially white pasta, I bloat out like you wouldn't believe.
  • Options
    Why has no one said Danon Activia? Those stupid bints won't shut up about it so it must be good. :razz:
  • Options
    Why has no one said Danon Activia?

Snow white queen did ;)

I quite like the yoghurts occassionally, but I've never noticed any change regarding bloating if there was any.
  • Options
    yoga and peppermint tea...

yes i live an exciting life!
  • Options
    God, I'm so bloated today that you can almost make out the shape of my intestines through my skin :(

No help at all, I know. Just wanted to share your pain.
  • Options
    I find those calcium rittled anti indigestin anti gas pills to be grand for bloating. Even if its not caused from that.
  • Options
    Try lying on the floor with your arms in a low v by your sides legs straight on the ground. Then, bring one knee up to your chest and tense you stomach muscles into you leg, switch legs and repeat. That sometimes gets things moving again. You could try giving your stomach a gentle massage in circles with a bit of cream on your hands. Also, if you're a bit constipated, or have been eating gassy foods you may have to just wait, or try a gentle laxative.

I'm sure you don't actually look 7months pregnant, and you're the only person who's likely to notice it really.
  • Options
    do some farts. usually helps me
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    do some farts. usually helps me

I did some brilliant farts today, I think drinking half a litre of orange juice encouraged it.
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    Anyone know of any ways to relieve it? I hope it is bloating and not that I am reforming my tummy to become the next millenium dome.

It is huge! Proper round as well, I could pass for being 7 months preggers! :no:

Baggy tops for me until you all come up with some suggestions...Please help a girl get back into a normal t shirt.

It'll probably come out in one big burp in the middle of the night. I'm sure Steven can't wait for that one, eh? :razz:
  • Options
    Colpermin are peppermint oil capsuls you can buy that might help you.
  • Options
    get someone to sit on you.

i'm not trying to be insulting, i suffer from the same thing. :grump:
  • Options
    Eating plenty of fresh vegetables helps me minismise the bloat. I find eating lots of meats, rice, pasta and bread leaves me feeling uncomfortable and gives me the dreaded pregnant look! I think soups, vegetables and plenty of water helps.
  • Options
    Activia is REALLY good, always works for me. Try drinking more water as it may be water retention, and make sure you're not getting too much fibre in your diet as that can cause bloating.
  • Options
    bread/complex carbs + beer = bloated... took me a while to figure that out ;)
    Rennie are good for it as is avoiding stuff that causes it in the first place :p .