Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sleeping too much

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I generally sleep for about 12 hours a night and have done last night but after being awake just 5 hours i was already feeling tired and now i feel absolutley shattered to the point where i'm yawning and it's making my eyes water, i noticed when i started taking prozac back in january i suffered with drowsiness and sleeping more and then i sorta got over it but have always been sleeping more but since i've left college all i do now is sleep, at the mo i've got a sore throat and my glands are up and i've been getting headaches all weekend, is it worth going to see my doctor?

Comments

• Options
    Try forcing yourself to get up and stick to a proper routine, youre sleeping far too much which in turn is making you more tired (dont ask me on the logic of this one).
    Make sure you're eating properly, lots of slow energy releasing foods rather than empty carbs or stuff with high sugar content which which just give you an insulin spike (which will then suddenly drop causing you to feel tired)
  • Options
    sometimes getting too much sleep can make you tired, (dont know how that works but ive been told that loads) Try going to bed a little later, or getting up earlier, set the alarm and get up straight away, then stick to it!
  • Options
    I was on prosac for nearly a year - its been about half a year since I have come off it now.

Depression usually makes you sleep for long periods of times or not at all it really depends. When I was down i slept during the day and was up all night. You may not de depressed, am just saying. Either way with your glands up, i'd suggest going down to the docs to see whats up.