Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New tattoo

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
Okie doke, I have two symbols at the base of my back, one Japanese and one chinese.

I have always wanted family, but everytime I went to tattoo place they didnt have it. After looking it up a while ago I discovered in both the above languages it was two symbols, and the way my tattoos now are in a line, 2 symbols wouldnt work.

So basically, after all of that babble, I want to know if any of you have or know of anyone who has a different language tattooed on their back, that looks good. I was thinking arabic, but it is far too different from what I have now. I would also prefer 'family' to be one symbol so it looks neat on my back.

Merci!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my friend has her name in japanese surrounded by a phoenix on her shoulder, i'm not a fan of japanese/chinese tattoos personally but if they're done well they look ok
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    my friend has her name in japanese surrounded by a phoenix on her shoulder, i'm not a fan of japanese/chinese tattoos personally but if they're done well they look ok

thanks for that, but it isnt actually what I am asking about.
  • Options
    I used to have a friend that had "anonymous" or however you want to spell it in chinese. But it was on the back of her neck... but back nonetheless ;) I thought it was pretty cool.

Watch out though, you get arabic you might be clasified as a terrorist ;)

Would it be possible to have it off a bit more towards a hip or something so it doesn't run in with the others or maybe up a bit higher?

I really like the family idea. Once you get it done you'll have to show a picture so I can copy it!
  • Options
    heiroglyphics? lol.
  • Options
  • Options
    my_name wrote: »
    I used to have a friend that had "anonymous" or however you want to spell it in chinese. But it was on the back of her neck... but back nonetheless ;) I thought it was pretty cool.

Watch out though, you get arabic you might be clasified as a terrorist ;)

Would it be possible to have it off a bit more towards a hip or something so it doesn't run in with the others or maybe up a bit higher?

I really like the family idea. Once you get it done you'll have to show a picture so I can copy it!

well it is what I have always wanted as I think family is the most important thing to me. I will think about having it somewhere else, but I dont think my hip is a good idea :p too much chubbiness! But further up could be good.

Can you think of anywhere else I can have it, but where you can show it when you like? Not shoulder/neck kinda thing so I can wear strappy tops etc.

I would rather not be seen as a terrorist if that is ok Manda :p
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »

it isnt really parents I am trying to portray, it is more just further family and dad if you know what I mean :p
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    heiroglyphics? lol.

I had a look, but couldnt find a symbol. I assume it is a bird or summat! :p
  • Options
    My friend has got one which is written in Thai, that looks nice and it's different to the normal Chinese/Japanese.

On a tattoo forum that i look at someone on there recently got a bacl tattoo written in elvish! Before i looked at it i was thinking how strange it would look (since im not a LOTR fans and didnt know what to expect) but it actually looked really nice. Due to how the characters are formed and how they connection it suprisingly look very attractive. Thats another one you could consider.
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    I had a look, but couldnt find a symbol. I assume it is a bird or summat! :p
    http://hieroglyphs.net/0301/cgi/lookup.pl?ty=en&ch=f&cs=0 scroll down a bit, it's a few more symbols than just one!
  • Options
    How about Mongolian, Russian, Korean, Coptic, Manchu? Fuck this, check them out yourself.

Or you could always go for Windings. :p
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    Can you think of anywhere else I can have it, but where you can show it when you like? Not shoulder/neck kinda thing so I can wear strappy tops etc.

For this ive always liked the idea of the top of the foot, so like it can be covered easily but shown off in sandles and flip flops etc.
    I'm not sure about if all of the chinese/japanese languages are symbol based but have you tried looking up the symbol for family in mandarin/ korean/thai/cantonese etc? Hope you find something, its a really nice idea :)
  • Options
    Someone got there before me lol
  • Options
    Actually, these ones are probably more what you're after. Don't wanna be writing all the way down your back when you can do it with one symbol.