Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Really hard families

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
You probably know one, or at least have heard of a few in your town. Well we have a couple where I live its quite a big town as well but most people know them.

Any hoo .. last night me and my big mouth got me into a bit of a situation .. i was incrediably drunk and walking through the main street with all the pubs and bars and that and my friend bumped into this bloke and he said something and i told him to fuck off as i was walking up this solid lairy bitch starting hurling abuse at me and she somehow new my name and i started yelling back which i normally wouldnt do but when im drunk i tend to not really care.

so any way she starts chasing me up the street but because shes quite large she couldnt catch up and i turned the corner (i wasnt running btw just walking quick or stumbling whatever) and went into a club. But later on as i was walking by myself to meet a mate i bumped into her sister who said '(my name) you better watch your fuckin back (lairy girls name) is fuckin not happy with you at all' etc. etc.

so what do i do ?

Comments

• Options
    nothing, just hope that she was as drunk as you were and has forgotten about it lol

if ya scared, just make sure u stay with mates and aint on ya own...

not much else you can do chick
    x
  • Options
    I think it depends.

How well does she know you and does she know where you live? Hopefully it will all be forgotten but TBH its hard to tell. When i was growing up there were a family like that in my town and i freaked out the girl by making her think I was more crazy than her - but that was just luck more than anything.

My advice would be always make sure you have some friends around you for a bit - cos they might pick on you when there is only a hand full of you but if your in a big group then they will normally back off.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    I think it depends.

How well does she know you and does she know where you live? Hopefully it will all be forgotten but TBH its hard to tell. When i was growing up there were a family like that in my town and i freaked out the girl by making her think I was more crazy than her - but that was just luck more than anything.

My advice would be always make sure you have some friends around you for a bit - cos they might pick on you when there is only a hand full of you but if your in a big group then they will normally back off.

I guess im pretty well known with people around my age probably from about 14-24 or something so quite a lot of people know me but i didnt think she did but shes one of these crazy bitches who has had so many fights and her cousin is an absolute lunatic and she already hates me because apparently i 'dont like the irish'

the thing is with these people is theres no reasoning with them !

my family are quite known as well cos my uncles and cousins are a bit violent at times but thats no use to me !! im a peace maker and i hate violence and fights but sometimes when ive had a few too many i get lairy.

i dont think she knows where i live yet though, but it wouldnt be hard to find out because ive had a few big partys before so a lot of people know.

thanks for your advice though
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »
    nothing, just hope that she was as drunk as you were and has forgotten about it lol

if ya scared, just make sure u stay with mates and aint on ya own...

not much else you can do chick
    x
    thanks
    x
  • Options
    hum i've been thinking and the best you can do - is if next time you see her as long as she doesn't try and beat you up on the spot is compliment her on something - anything thats vagely believeable.

On the other hand if she tries to beat you up your only other option is to win the fight - which might be a little tricky and run the risk of getting hurt/permenantly disfigured.
  • Options
    If she's a big woman, I wouldn't fight her... Not to sound like a wimp or anything.

I've had people threaten to beat me up before when they were drunk and be hideously embarassed when they sober up.

What Wyetry said though.
  • Options
    Sometimes you just have to take a beating in those circumstances or try to reason but that never really works out.
  • Options
    Hmm that sucks.
    Reasoning never works with these people, they need to keep up their 'reputation'.
    I'd love to say fight back, but if they're anything like some of the families that we have around here, then that'd be suicide.
    I say just stay very low key for a while, don't go out quite as much as usual, avoid certain places, stick with mates and don't go around biggin' yourself up, generally pulling attention to yourself or mouthing off to people.
    Good luck. :)
  • Options
    Christ - I haven't had any of that shite go on since I moved out of Bradford.

I hate small town mentality bullshit like that.

If you know where she/they hang out, just avoid them for a bit - oh, and just try controlling your mouth a bit, it can work wonders.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Sometimes you just have to take a beating in those circumstances or try to reason but that never really works out.

exactly what my dad said, he also said when she comes over and starts mouthing me off to just smack her square in the jaw

.. not sure im brave enough to do that !!

thanks for all of your advice by the way x
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I'd love to say fight back, but if they're anything like some of the families that we have around here, then that'd be suicide.
    I say just stay very low key for a while, don't go out quite as much as usual, avoid certain places, stick with mates and don't go around biggin' yourself up, generally pulling attention to yourself or mouthing off to people.
    :yes: i'd agree with this really. I've had similar problems when i was a fair bit younger, you've probably just bigged the situation up in your head though because of this girls families notoriety.
    Keep out their way for a few weeks just in case but they'll probably just forget about it after a while
  • Options
    I'd give her a smack personally. But i wouldn't really recommend that, i tried to take on two girls when i was younger and i ended up being chased down a street screaming me head off cos they had a knife lol.

If shes totally mad i wouldn't do anything, just keep out of her way until she forgets who you are or something. People like that if you hit them they hit back harder so it's totally pointless.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    I'd give her a smack personally. But i wouldn't really recommend that, i tried to take on two girls when i was younger and i ended up being chased down a street screaming me head off cos they had a knife lol.

If shes totally mad i wouldn't do anything, just keep out of her way until she forgets who you are or something. People like that if you hit them they hit back harder so it's totally pointless.

Yeah even if i did smack her and win the fight it would probably get me in more shit

i guess im gonna have to keep my head down for a while and stay out of her way !!

shes the type of girl who starts on you if you even LOOK at her boyfriend ! (which is difficult because hes really really fit and what the fuck is he doing with her?!)
  • Options

shes the type of girl who starts on you if you even LOOK at her boyfriend ! (which is difficult because hes really really fit and what the fuck is he doing with her?!)

He's probably scared of ever dumping her incase her crazy family come after him - and secretly squirriling away money to escape to spain!
  • Options
    He's probably scared of ever dumping her incase her crazy family come after him - and secretly squirriling away money to escape to spain!

:lol:
  • Options

funny you should say that !! because from what ive heard he tryed dumping her but the whole family threatened him so hes only staying with her because hes scared.

i feel sorry for the lad really !