Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Quick pill/period question.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Would usually ask my mother but.. y'know..

I just decided start taking my combined pill again, for the first time since October, but now I'm getting the feeling my periods due.

I've taken 4 pills so far, and I kinda wanna be protected for next week.. but I'm feeling bloated and hormonal, so I'm not sure whether to carry on, or stop and wait for my period. Is there a chance my period will come anyway, or pass, if I continue to take the pill?

I'm not too happy when I'm bloated but then.. really wanna stay protected.

Any advice? x

Comments

• Options
    carrying on would be the sensible thing to do or you might end up bloated for 9 months :p
    it may or may not come, when i was on the combined i'd get the symptoms but never bled
  • Options
    did you start taking it again on the first day of your period because thats the time in your cycle its suppose to be taken at...if not, then thats probably why youre getting unusual symptoms
  • Options
    I'm not actually sure when I'm due on.. not for at least a week I think..

I just started taking it again because I'm seeing someone new..
    I should keep tabs on my cycle really, but when I'm single I tend to not worry about regularity.

Ah well. I'll carry on taking it, and if I develop cramps fully, I'll know it's that time again :/

I just don't wanna be bleeding when I'm with my fella ;p.
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote: »
    I'm not actually sure when I'm due on.. not for at least a week I think..

I just started taking it again because I'm seeing someone new..
    I should keep tabs on my cycle really, but when I'm single I tend to not worry about regularity.

Ah well. I'll carry on taking it, and if I develop cramps fully, I'll know it's that time again :/

I just don't wanna be bleeding when I'm with my fella ;p.

I'm guessing you didn't wait for your period to start before taking your first pill then, which is what you're suposed to do... Probably means you'll get some bleeding... Not sure what affect it will have taking it before you'd started your period, (I don't think it's harmful) but it might mean your cycle will be a bit fucked up for a while possibly.
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    I'm guessing you didn't wait for your period to start before taking your first pill then, which is what you're suposed to do... Probably means you'll get some bleeding... Not sure what affect it will have taking it before you'd started your period, (I don't think it's harmful) but it might mean your cycle will be a bit fucked up for a while possibly.

And as well as this, I was always led to believe when I was on the combined pill that you're only protected straight away if you start taking it on the day you come on your period. If you start taking it any other time you need to use extra protection for 7 days. Also, don't forget that the pill doesn't protect from any STIs so you might want to consider condoms.

Now I've done my responsible bit, all thats left to say is have fun with your fella :thumb:
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »

Nah I didn't.. I just found an unopened pack and went for it.. my cycles been pretty unreliable since I stopped last November anyway.. think it took about 5 months to get my period back.

And yeepp, I'm being careful for the first 7 days :).

Thankyouu x