Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New toe nail growing?

Remember this thread..http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php?t=116754 ?

Well, something stranger is happening to my toeee :( I'm 2/3 the way through my antibiotics and well, my toe nail seems to have stopped growing. Its weird. Theres like a gap inbetween where my toe nail should start and where the end of my toe nail actually is. Through that gap, I think I can see a new one growing.

Is this even possible? I'm really scared I'm going to lose my nail and I'll forever have to keep my feet covered up :(
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It sounds like the old toenail is going to fall, and a new one is growing.
    Even if you end up with no nail on that toe (which sounds extremely unlikely) why would you have to keep your feet covered forever? There are much worse disfigurements, the worst that could happen is people asking once how it came to be and not bothering with it again.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It sounds like the old toenail is going to fall, and a new one is growing.
    Even if you end up with no nail on that toe (which sounds extremely unlikely) why would you have to keep your feet covered forever? There are much worse disfigurements, the worst that could happen is people asking once how it came to be and not bothering with it again.

Errr, I wouldn't go around showing a nailess toe. I would feel awful.

I can see another one growing underneath it anyways. Its half way up my toe my new one!
  • Options
    No offense, but that sounds to me as ridiculous as wearing a burqa because you hit your head somewhere and have a bruise. Even more so, really. :p
    In any case, as there's a new tail growing, you won't have to worry about that probably. :)
  • Options
    It may sound ridiculous to you but I don't wanna go around without a toe nail!

It would look STUPID. I paint my toe nails but errr without one of my big toe nails, how can I do that exactly?

You don't wear girls shoes so don't understand clearly :p
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I am with Stacey, I wouldnt want to wear open top shoes if you have no toe nail! Just like if I had manky feet in general.

It isnt vain, it is just so other people dont get sick when they look at your feet! :p
  • Options
    I don't think there's something sick about a missing toenail, not any more than having a scar on your knee or something.
  • Options
    I don't think there's something sick about a missing toenail, not any more than having a scar on your knee or something.

Well, I have loads of scars.

A missing toe nail would bother me more though.

Either way, all is good as a new one is growing.
  • Options
    I had a missing toe nail for ages, and had to wear flip flops because I couldn't get my broken boned foot into shoes- it was fucking rank. The new toenaili looks shitty too- no fair, I had such pretty feet once upon a time and used to rip the piss out of my manky toed friends. I wore a false toenail for a photographs- the biggest thumb nail from a falsie set, it didn't look right, but better than the grimness underneath.
  • Options
    I've still got my original nail. I've just got a new one growing underneath. Its half way up my toe so yanno. I don't think my toe nail will fall off either until my new one has completely grown.

I hate my toes anyway so just paint my nails, lol.