Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

friend issues

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a friend who I have known for ages, although he doesn't live around here anymore, he moved away about 2 years ago, but comes back here every so often. Anywho, I get on great with him. He so much fun to be around, and we're so similar in music tastes and interests, where as I tend to differ in these areas with my other friends so it's refreshing to spend time with him. However, although he can be absolutly great, he can also be so annoying! He has no depth of feeling, and is so selfish and arrogant sometimes. Nothing gets to him, I feel like i could turn around and never speak to him again and he wouldn't give a shit. And he's one of those lads who treats girls like objects, and is dying for attention off them all the time.

Do you have friends like that? Who are great for having a good time with, but you ask for any kind of depth out of them and they can't provide it?

I know it's insecure of me, but it's been getting to me recently, and I find myself having a go at him over little things simply because I want him to be someone different to who he is. Which I know is unfair. I suppose I want to feel like he cares about me as much as a care about him. So we have arguements, which I always cause, and then I feel awful afterwards because I'm pushing someone away who's so much fun to be with. But I can't help it! :banghead: I don't want to lose him, but I just wish he had more depth sometimes. I don't know how to stop it getting to me. I feel so needy, it's ridiculous!

Comments

• Options
    Do you have friends like that? Who are great for having a good time with, but you ask for any kind of depth out of them and they can't provide it?
    there was a time i'd describe myself like that.
    at the end of the day you like him for his good points and everyone has bad points... you just gotta accept it.
  • Options
    really i think you have to accept that he's good for the fun times but incapable of being the person you want him to be.

it's horrible but that's just the way it is with some people.
  • Options
    Just accept the guy as a good guy to have fun with, but if you need a real friend you should look elsewhere. Good friends are hard to come by, and it's not worth wasting your time on someone who'll never change. Most guys do get out of that phase, but sometimes you need to pick your battles.