Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

this is SO embarasing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey,
um... gosh, i find things like this so embarasing.
i've just started the pill... and it was one of these ones where you start on the first day of your period. and my period went on for 2 and a half weeks! i thought it might go on for a bit longer or be a bit different or something. but it was ages. i was going to see my doctor, but then it stopped... so i didnt. but now im kinda, ah this is so embarasing, im kinda itchy in my um... you know, vagina. like on that bit just outside the bit thats inside. i dont have any of that wierdy discharge stuff your meant to get if you have thrush or anything fishy smeling going on. it might all be side effects of the pill.
i find going to the doctors REALLY embarasing. it took me months to pluck up the currege (or however you spell it) to ask the doctor for the pill.
I know it's not that thing where you have to drink cranbery juice, because i had that once... ah, how horrid!
can some nice lady help me? preferably one that wont tell me i have to go to the docter. obviosuly if i have to then i have to, but i wonder if theirs something else i could do to see if i can make whatever this is stop without seeing a docter
sorry, this is embarasing. you probably dont want to know about the ins and outs of my privates.
thankyou
please help. i'm worried. :blush:
xxxxx

Comments

• Options
    it could still be thrush even if you only have the itching.
    I had it a while back and I suffered for ages because i didnt think it was thrush as it was just really sore and itchy but no other symptoms. It was still thrush though and canestan internal cream cleared it up overnight.
    You could try that and if it doesnt work then go to the doctors and see what they say.
  • Options
    thankyou
    i'll try that
    how embarasing
    oh god do i have to ask for it over a counter?
    what if there are people in the shop?
    aaaah i hate stuff like this!
  • Options
    yes you have to ask for it over the counter, but tbh noone will bat an eyelid any more than they would you buying tampons - ie not at all.
    nothing to be embarrassed about.
  • Options
    You can get canesten once (i think it's called) in Boots. Hang around until no one is around if you're embarrassed.

If they offer you 'a pessary' that is the one you have to, um, squirt up inside you. It says do it at night, so i did it at night, not realising they mean just before you go to bed. I was up for hours, and the stuff started leaking out! So if you get the pessary, make sure you squirt it inside (it's easy, just like putting a tampon in) and then lay down!

Other than that, they'll offer you a cream to rub on, i think, but i always used the pessary. Thrush can be tranferred to your bf via sex, so use condoms until it's cleared up!

Good luck!
  • Options
    i wouldnt worry if i were you. when i started the pill my period went on for the entire 4 weeks afterwards..it was only when id started my second round that it stoped...and yes...i did have some irritation too after being on for a few months.. but it went away eventually..so i dont think its thrush or anything..itll go away on its own..although the cream might help relieve the ichiness..good luck