Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Random pain

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
I have the most annoying lower back pain with a spiffing mixture of lower tummy pain. My legs even ache.

I would like to say I have been excerising and it is due to that, but that would be a big fat lie I am afraid. I have done no exercise in 2 weeks since moving.

They feel similar to period pains, but now I know they are not.

I hurt, and pain killers aint doing much. Any ideas? Just so I can go and sort myself out :(

OW!

Comments

• Options
    No not particularly, just more all over the bottom of my back.
  • Options
    It isnt how I slept coz it has been going on for a good few days now, but just seems to be getting worse.

I have no doctor :( - I still havent sorted it out!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Think this might be a good cue to sort one out!

Failing that there's always the walk in centre.

ETA something useful. Any chance it could be indigestion or constipation? If not some people find warm baths soothing.
  • Options
    A walk in centre would be a good place to start, or perhaps give NHS Direct a ring, i doubt they would be able to tell you precisely what it is, but they can give you a indication of what to keep an eye out for, like should the pain spread to a particular area.

They can also advise you what basic things to try, or not to try, and then advise you weather to seek a GP, or pop along to an NHS drop in centre.

To be fair they are obviously pretty limited in what they can do for you, but they can certainly point you in the right direction as to where to go, and how urgent you should be getting there!

Have your glands settled down yet?
  • Options
    I will find out if there is a walk in centre near by, but I havent seen one, but there might be one in the next town or what not.

Mr M, they went downish, but one is still slightly up, but not half as bad as before!
    I have had warm baths, and at the time it is lovely but then pain comes back as soon as I get out.

I could perhaps just stay in the bath! :D
  • Options
    Call NHS direct - they can advise you as to where to go to get it checked out IIRC

I expect they will tell you to get it checked out as this sort of pain sounds like its approximately the area you might associate with kidney pain.
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    I will find out if there is a walk in centre near by, but I havent seen one, but there might be one in the next town or what not.

Mr M, they went downish, but one is still slightly up, but not half as bad as before!
    I have had warm baths, and at the time it is lovely but then pain comes back as soon as I get out.

I could perhaps just stay in the bath! :D

It's not unknown for them not to go down fully, i've had them come up once or twice in the past, 3 or 4 of them all in the same area coming up to well i guess it would be about 1 cm (feels like more!) and they've gone down, but one has remained there about half a cm. So don't worry too much if they don't all go completely, but just keep an eye on them if they should come up again. :thumb:

Just prepare yourself to describe what it is like
    What sort of pain is it? is it like aching joints? or muscle tension? or sharp stabbing pains?
    Is it worse first thing in the morning or late at night?
    Any particular movement or action that sets it off or eases it?
    Had any knocks or bangs in the days before, even if they seemed nothing at the time?

Then just give NHS direct a quick ring, they may just tell you to wrap up a hot water bottle and keep it on the area, and rest for a few days, but they'll be able to ask you the questions knowing what to look out for and point you in the right direction should it be anything more problematic.

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/
    0845 4647
  • Options
    Mr Orange wrote: »
    It's not unknown for them not to go down fully, i've had them come up once or twice in the past, 3 or 4 of them all in the same area coming up to well i guess it would be about 1 cm (feels like more!) and they've gone down, but one has remained there about half a cm. So don't worry too much if they don't all go completely, but just keep an eye on them if they should come up again. :thumb:

Just prepare yourself to describe what it is like
    What sort of pain is it? is it like aching joints? or muscle tension? or sharp stabbing pains?
    Is it worse first thing in the morning or late at night?
    Any particular movement or action that sets it off or eases it?
    Had any knocks or bangs in the days before, even if they seemed nothing at the time?

Then just give NHS direct a quick ring, they may just tell you to wrap up a hot water bottle and keep it on the area, and rest for a few days, but they'll be able to ask you the questions knowing what to look out for and point you in the right direction should it be anything more problematic.

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/
    0845 4647

Well I may give them a call later on, but I have tea to prepare (I have made a cheesecake too today Mr O!) I have just been down to register with a doctor but they are closed until Monday for hols :rolleyes: how very dare they! I went on the NHS website and my nearest walk in centre in 13 miles away!

I will give them a call later on, but I aint dying so surely they will just tell me to go to my GP. :chin:

Either way, I am still going out on the lash, I will just have to have a sit down!
  • Options
    Hot water bottle Em! :) Failing that, get those stick on heat pads you can get to help you through your night out :)
  • Options
    Lower back pain might to be related to not drinking enough?
  • Options
    I got a similar thing when staying at Renzo's last year. It was so cold and my body was aching including the area you have the pain. Has the rooms you've spent time in been warm enough?
  • Options
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I got a similar thing when staying at Renzo's last year. It was so cold and my body was aching including the area you have the pain. Has the rooms you've spent time in been warm enough?

The rooms are fine hun, no worries there. Perhaps my back is craving the sunshine like the rest of me, but no cold rooms!

I have been drinking plenty, always got a drink on the go, but then I normally do!

Still hurts today :( Just thought I would moan!
  • Options
    looks like the start of a kidney infection to me...ive had them really bad a few times...ended up in hospital twice...and if it is..i suggest lots of fruit and veg..crandberry juice...and lots of water...but best check with a doctor first...good luck