Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

confused

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:confused:

have been with a new bloke for just over a month and he wants to have sex but i don't, at least not yet, keep trying to explain that but he keeps pushing and it's annoying me, I told him that I didn't want to do it and he is like a friend i used to have who has to let you know how much that hurt in EVERY text or whatever. He is a bit emotional and clingy, but in comparison to my last relationship i don't know if this is normal. I need him to back off a little bit, i'm not used to it, so any suggestions as to how to tell him to back off without ...hurting him... would be welcome...

just get a bit sick of the clingyness.. :impissed:

Comments

• Options
    erm...tbh this post confuzzled me a bit if hes pushing you to have sex and you dont want to, its only been a month just dump him. i really dont see why people are happy to stick in relationships they are not happy with
  • Options
    If somebody was pushy with me and then emotionally blackmailing me I would wonder how much they cared for me. No means no, end of. If you care for your partner, then you want them to feel safe and comfortable and respect their boundaries.

Saying "no" is not an attack on a partner and he has no place in being upset if you turn him down after a month. It's your body and its your choice to do what you will with your body.
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    If somebody was pushy with me and then emotionally blackmailing me I would wonder how much they cared for me. No means no, end of. If you care for your partner, then you want them to feel safe and comfortable and respect their boundaries.

Saying "no" is not an attack on a partner and he has no place in being upset if you turn him down after a month. It's your body and its your choice to do what you will with your body.

:yes:
  • Options
    ''Saying "no" is not an attack on a partner and he has no place in being upset if you turn him down after a month. It's your body and its your choice to do what you will with your body.''

very good point. especially considering i am not used to such a fast paced relationship. I think i will continue to date him but keep it slow, if he gets too pushy though then i'll probably break it off. thanks guys
  • Options
    Men think with their cocks. If I was going with a girl for a month and not getting any I'd be annoyed but I wouldn't push the issue like. He seems like a bit of a dick (no pun intended). ;)