Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Should I be....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, wonder if you guys n girls can provide any clarity on this.
Theres this guy, who keeps asking me out (since October). He is gorgeous, for lack of a better turn of phrase, I really fancy him. Been out with him once, and we had a great time.
Hes asked me out again, but Ive got a couple of issues with this, one of which I am aware is really shallow, but I dont know if I can get over it. He is really short, and Im not. Im really tall, he is at least 5 inches shorter than me. I know thats bad for it to even be a factor, but it is. Ive been out with guys shorter than me before, and although I could deal with it after a while they got the hump because I was taller than them esp w heels on, and Im so over pandering to that. Im this size, and I cant go off and nibble a mushroom to shrink like Alice, nor would I want to.
The other, non shallow reason is that Ive been in relationships allmost all my adult life so far, and just want some space to get my head together. I am doing proper random things at the moment and dont want to hurt anyone, esp him because as I say, he is great.

What should I do?? Carry on seeing him or not?? I like the way things are, but if this goes on I'll have to jump one way or the other....:confused:

Comments

• Options
    wouldnt bother stringing him along if you are worried about his height and cant be fucked with relationships
  • Options
    I know what you're going through. My boyfriend is 5'5 while i'm 5'8. It was weird at first, because I thought people would stare or it wouldnt look right but now it's funny. I can rest my chin on his head when we're both standing up straight. Can be annoying though...like when we're in bed, he loves to pull the covers up to so he's all cosy, leaving me with my feet sticking out. That's about as much play height comes into our relationship

Basically if you like each other enough, then physical differences aren't a problem.

But like just-thinking said, if you know really that you dont wanna be in a relationship, then why bother stringing him along. Maybe you already know this and are seeing his height as another reason not to get into something with it...
  • Options
    Lankygirl wrote: »
    Ive been in relationships allmost all my adult life so far, and just want some space to get my head together.

Isn't this enough reason on it's own?

Why destroy his confidence by suggesting that it could be any othe rreason?
  • Options
    Im not stringing him along, he does know all the above, hes constantly making jokes about our height difference. He knows am a bit muddled up at the moment. Went out randomly last night, get on so well.grrrr
  • Options
    Well you said you fancy him, you get on ever so well, to be honest a few inches shouldn't really matter and it wouldn't to me but its entirely up to you. Would you want to throw away what could be the chance to have a fantastic relationship ?
  • Options
    keep with it, as a short guy myself (i'm about 5 foot 1/ 5 foot 2) its pretty annoying when people dissmiss you simply because of your height. same is the "norm" is society where the guy is almost always taller the the woman.

otherwise i do prefer the smaller petite girls:yum:;)
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I personally wouldnt want to go out with a lad shorter than me, but that is because I suppose I feel protected when towered over.
    I am only relatively short myself, but I can see where you are coming from.

If you arent happy from the outset, and cant see your poinion changing in the near future, then you should just let him down gently, and explain that you arent ready for another relationship just yet and could you just be friends.

Please dont say it is anything to do with his height as this will probably result in him having issues with his height.