Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pain near stomach

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I keep getting really sharp pains near my stomach/ovaries/hips on my left side of my body.
Its not constant but it keeps occuring more and more often but i don't know what it is
Its not period pains as im not due my period so i really dont know what it is
any ideas?
it use to only happen about once a month but recntly its been happening each day...
Its sometimes uncomfortable to sleep because of it
any ideas? thanks x

Comments

• Options
    It could be anything. The best thing to do would be to see your doctor about it.
  • Options
    Could be lots of things so it's best to seek medical advice.

My sister had a similar experience though, and was rushed into hospital with suspected appendicitis, but when they went in to investigate, they found a cyst on her ovary which was removed, as well as her appendix!
  • Options
    It won't be appendicitis - you'd know if it was! I watched my bf come down with it and it's not nice. Could be a cyst?
  • Options
    I've had a cyst on my ovary myself... The pains were where you described and sharp, stabbing type pains (and twisting pains)... but a lot of things could have the same symptoms... Some people get really bad ovulation pain or a few days each month... Or it could even be stress.

Is the pain worse at certain times of day? Like if you're in bed or something? What painkillers are you taking for it, and do they work for you?

Think of everything you can to tell your doctor and give them the facts, and they'll take it from there.