Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bleeding during sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
sorry about this one wasnt sure where to put it

i had sex wth my boyfriend and its the first time ive slept with him but i have slept with a couple of other guys in the past.

during sex i was bleeding

could this be the hymen breaking as i havent ever bled before during sex even though i have done it a few times?

Comments

• Options
    doesnt it break the first you av it?
  • Options
    My mates had something like that before but its supposed to bleed the first time you have it ?

i dunno maybe see a doctor if your worried ?
  • Options
    Box wrote: »

that is what i thought or it can be broken before

but then why was i bleeding?
  • Options
    Box wrote: »

Not always, but if she as slept with a few others then I'm pretty sure it would have broken at some point.

Did you have any foreplay beforehand? He could have been a bit rough with his fingers and torn you inside slightly.
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    Not always, but if she as slept with a few others then I'm pretty sure it would have broken at some point.

Did you have any foreplay beforehand? He could have been a bit rough with his fingers and torn you inside slightly.

there wasnt really any foreplay beforehand-it just hurt when he entered me
  • Options
    If you can't think of any reasons such as sharp finger nails which could have made a tear or your period then i would advise going to see your GP as it could be a sign of an STI.

ETA: Maybe have a read of this http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/menstruation/a/bleedaftersex.htm
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I have had this in the past. Apparently it is something to do with my cervix, nowt serious though. It means I bleed when I have a smear as well.

I would get yourself checked out by a GP as it is a sign of chlamidia, which if left untreated can leave to infertility, and I would take that chance personally.
  • Options
    I'm going through the same thing at the minute. When i had my smear test last week i had a few tests done too. Get my results back next tues