Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

It's over

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all. Haven't been on in a little while, hope everyone's good!

Anyway, it ended last night between myself and himself. It wasn't pretty and now we're doing the "returning of stuff".

I just feel like shit. I got in way too deep and now I'm feeling it. Fuck fuck fuck. And I have to see him in work all the time, looking gorgeous yet emotionally unavailable with slight Jeckyll and Hyde syndrome.

Anyone got any advice? Hurt hurt hurting.

:crying:

Comments

• Options
    Awww sweetie I'm sorry *hugs* what happened?

The only thing you can do is have a good moan and a cry with your friends/family and then put on your face and hold your head high, go out and meet new people and have a good time.
  • Options
    It didn't end well. I'm going into work later to see if I can negotiate not being put on the rota with him for a few weeks just to make things easier on us. But at least now I'm a lot more like my old self, taking control and not letting him walk all over me.

Times like these it's always nice to have an interest, however I only seem to fancy people once ever 3 years :banghead:
  • Options
    Halloween wrote: »
    Times like these it's always nice to have an interest, however I only seem to fancy people once ever 3 years :banghead:

Beer helps at times like these :yes:

Glad you've regained some control of your life. Uncertainty is the worse thing I found. Rather be unhappy and single and know where I stand then be in a relationship full of uncertainty and never really knowing what the other person is thinking/wanting/doing!
  • Options
    Harmless wrote: »
    Beer helps at times like these :yes:

!

It does indeed .. drown your sorrows with your friends and go meet new people ! even if you dont neccessarily get with any one again for a while being out and about will make you feel loads better.
  • Options
    It does indeed .. drown your sorrows with your friends and go meet new people ! even if you dont neccessarily get with any one again for a while being out and about will make you feel loads better.

For sure. Staying at home eating icecream and re-runs of Sex & the City, no matter how tempting, will not help very much. And as someone once said to me, every minute you spend feeling sad is a minute you could have been happy :)
  • Options
    Dobbin wrote: »
    For sure. Staying at home eating icecream and re-runs of Sex & the City, no matter how tempting, will not help very much. And as someone once said to me, every minute you spend feeling sad is a minute you could have been happy :)

I dunno..I think everyone needs to wallow for a while to get it out of their system. It can be strangely enjoyable in a self indulgent way.

Oh, and my top tip is put all the 'him' stuff (eg photos, cinema tickets, cards) into a shoe box and hide it or put it on a top shelf so you don't have to see it all the time and be reminded.
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »

Oh, and my top tip is put all the 'him' stuff (eg photos, cinema tickets, cards) into a shoe box and hide it or put it on a top shelf so you don't have to see it all the time and be reminded.

Yep .. or maybe even burn it.
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    I dunno..I think everyone needs to wallow for a while to get it out of their system. It can be strangely enjoyable in a self indulgent way.

Yeah, I think you need some time to get over it. Even if it wasn't that much of a shock, you still need to give yourself some time to recover and work things out in your own mind.

And I agree on the whole sentimental items thing, put them away. Torturing yourself over old love letters and other mementos doesn't help justnow, but I wouldn't go as far to get rid of them, y'now?